He used sweet potato, herbs, a shallot, tomato, mushroom, spinach, smoked back bacon, salsa, and old cheddar.
2) Yesterday we had a bit of a family day. Kim was in town from Saskatoon for some concerts, so she popped by in the afternoon to see our place and have a visit. We made a couple snacks, because it's always better to visit over snacks.
3) In the evening we went to Mel & Steve's for dinner and a visit. They ordered in from one of our favourite places, Thai Basil, and we got to steal kisses from our niece Charlotte. Later on in the evening we sat out on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful April weather.
4) While Christopher was prepping breakfast today, I whipped up some cornbread to toss in the freezer for whenever we may want it ...
5) After breakfast we made up a batch of buttermilk waffles that we'll freeze and enjoy for breakfasts this week.
6) We've been eating raw ginger lately. Just straight-up ginger.
Actually, we've been doing it for about a year. We usually have about a quarter-sized amount each, but sometimes a much bigger chunk. It takes some getting used to, as it's got heat to it, but we both really enjoy it, and know that the health benefits of ginger are incredible.
7) We also throw extra, raw ginger (and lemon) into our tea (super-ginger tea from David's Tea). Mmmm, it's tea time this afternoon in the Everyday Foodie home.
After the tea, it's snack and backyard time!
How's your day going? What did you do this weekend?