Friday, August 7, 2009

A Busy Summer ...

My supper last night was a pita pizza (whole wheat pita, fresh pineapple, peppers, onion, tomato sauce, fresh mushrooms and cheese). I thought if filled me up, however after coffee with a friend, I came home and was famished!


I realized that after a busy summer of camping, vacationing in Vegas, eating at restaurants, backyard BBQ's, my life was seriously missing something - VEGGIES! I had a real hankering for some good ol' fashioned vegetables. I made some roasted veggies (assorted fresh veggies, a spray of veg. oil, some spices, and a sprinkle of balsamic at the end). Delish!

Although the veggies were great, they didn't hit the spot, and I was still really hungry. I had 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt and a plum and then felt satisfied :-)

Do you ever realize after a vacation that you haven't eaten veggies in days?

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Thanks VeggieGirl!

Simply Life said...

Yum! The pita pizza looks and veggies look delicious, and yes, I've eaten almost the same thing and still wondered "what's next?" :)