Monday, August 17, 2009

For dinner this evening I made a simple and organic stir fry. All the veggies used were organic. I started with about a teaspoon of sesame oil ... don't you just LOVE the flavor and smell of sesame oil? I don't think I've ever made a stir fry without it!


Then I tossed in some chopped organic onion and 2 cloves garlic:



After a couple of minutes I threw in 1 chopped green pepper and 2 chopped zucchinis:



After a couple more minutes I added a can of mushrooms (drained) and a can of baby corns (drained) - mmm mmm baby corns are SO good!



For sauce I added a store bought teriyaki sauce, a few splashes of low sodium soy sauce, and a half a teaspoon of hot red paper paste:



For the last 2 minutes of cooking, I added half a block of organic extra firm tofu. I love the taste of tofu, but only use it occasionally. I mostly like the extra firm kind because it is so much nuttier and the texture is better than the soft stuff.

After dinner, husband and I went for lattes. I had a small non-fat, decaf latte (No picture).
We ran a few errands and got groceries, and by the time we got home I was huuuungry!! I made myself a giant salad with: organic arugula, organic spinach, fresh basil from my herb pot, organic celery, organic cherry tomatoes, some chopped red/ green/ yellow peppers, and fig balsamic dressing:



I sprinkled some hemp hearts on it as well.
I watched some TV with hubby and was still feeling the hunger, so I had the last little bit of my lunch from today (African peanut curry) and that did the trick. I always find if I don't have carbs with dinner I get super hungry later on in the evening. Good thing I had healthy options on hand!

What do you snack on at night? When at home I usually try to opt for veggies or sometimes fruit as I have trouble getting in my 8-10 and evening snacking is the best time!

No comments: