Monday, August 31, 2009

Hey everyone! I had a pretty productive day at work today, and then came home, made supper and met with a client for a wedding I am working on this weekend. I have recently become a certified wedding coordinator/ consultant, but am starting by being an assistant on a couple of weddings just so I can get a feel for how the event runs when you are in the coordinators shoes. I LOVE weddings! I love everything about them, and am so excited to eventually launch my own wedding coordination business!

On to my daily eats ... for a morning snack I had source vanilla yogurt topped with mixed berries:

I find that having a little bit of protein in my morning snack helps me from gnawing my arm off around 11:15. For lunch I had my leftover pasta from Saturday night:

Doesn't look anywhere near as good ... but it still tasted great!

The other day I was trolling the Internet for an easy recipe to make for dinner this week, as I knew I had a meeting to get to tonight and wouldn't have time to cook anything extravagant. I found a recipe for a cheesy, chicken broccoli dish that sounded good. It was SUPER easy!

Ingredients:
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless/ boneless)
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- shredded cheddar to cover

Directions:
- Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and boil 20 minutes.
- Dump bag of broccoli into 9x13 pan and cover the bottom
- Put chicken on top
- Mix soup, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder and dump over top
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese (and breadcrumbs if you have them - I didn't)
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes (uncovered)

Ta da! An easy, healthy meal in no time! Verdict = pretty good, but next time I would add rice, less chicken, more broccoli, and more curry.

This is my portion:

Off to pamper my self with a face mask :-) Sweet dreams ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what an exciting job. The cheesey chicken dish looks delicious. I love anything cheesey :)

Taylor