Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wow! What a great weekend! This weekend I was away from my computer and my cell phone (it died). I had a relaxing, extra long weekend with good friends, good fun, and of course GOOD FOOD! On Wednesday I headed out to the lake with a good friend to stay in her cabin for the weekend. We had the place to ourselves (well, us and the doggie) for 2 days, and then 8 of our best friends (including our hubbies) came to join us on Friday!

On Wednesday afternoon we went grocery shopping, then stopped for lunch on our way out of town. I had a taco salad (at a fast food Mexican place) with a little rice, some ground beef, a bunch of lettuce, pico de gallo, some guacamole and sour cream, a little cheese, and a whole lot of CILANTRO - oh how I love cilantro .... mmmm mmmm.

I ate about 1/4 of the taco "bowl" (maybe less) and all of the insides.

Once we got unpacked and settled in, we figured we needed one of these:

I had a few of these beauties over the course of the weekend :-)

For dinner we made a lovely meal of seafood (jumbo shrimp with a curried butter, and some maple BBQ salmon) and on the side we had mushroom rice and asparagus.

We washed it all down with a couple glasses of vino.

Wednesday evening we sat outside for a bit and I think some crazy creature bit me. I had a wicked bite that was swollen to the diameter of a hamburger!! I don't care what it was, I just hope it wasn't a spider - because that's nasty.

Wednesday morning I made one of my favorite breakfasts - egg in a hole!

And with it we had some java, and MIMOSAS!! Yes, I know - I had these last weekend too. So shoot me.

We went for a long walk with the doggie, and watched some TV, and then made one of my favorite (totally unhealthy) lunches of Kraft Dinner :-)

Yeah ... and I am pretty sure I washed it down with one of these:

Haha! I totally drank a LOT of water on the weekend too - not just dehydrating liquids! Really!!
We wanted to eat a later dinner, so I had a cookie to tide me over. Nom nom nom.

For dinner we cooked up some steaks, sweet potato "fries" (baked in oven), and some more asparagus.

After dinner we sat outside for a while and visited. Check out our view:

Yeah, the cabin is in a PRIME location! It could not have been more beautiful!

On Friday I ate pretty much the same things as yesterday (egg in a hole, some bevvies, macaroni LOL, and maybe a cookie :-) Dinner was something different, but I was so happy to see hubby and all our other friends that I was not thinking about taking pictures. I had about 1/2 a hamburger, a bunch of raw veggies with dip, and some salad. It was a pretty ugly night out, but we tried to get some fresh air, and we even set off some fireworks!

On Saturday morning we had WAFFLES!!!!

I ate about 3/4 of a round waffle, and a few strips of bacon. I don't know about anyone else, but I eat my bacon really weird like! I pick off all the "fat" and only eat the "meat" parts. People always look at me like I am a lunatic, but I don't mind. It makes me feel better about devouring my bacon, and also, I hate how long it takes to chew the nasty fat pieces.

This kept me FULL for a LONG time!! We spent the day relaxing - playing cards and going out on the boat. I went for a little dip in the lake, and played on the tube for a while. It was such a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Before dinner we had some cheese and crackers and pot stickers as appetizers. For supper we made ribs, potatoes and salad. I filled half my place with salad, had a small scoop of potatoes, and 3 ribs.

We came home today ... so back to housework, school work etc. I wish I was still at the lake! BUT - I am looking forward to getting some healthier eats in, and maybe even some new recipes over the next couple weeks!

What did you do over the weekend? Did you go to the Healthy Living Summit? How was it?

3 comments:

Simply Life said...

YUM!!! Your seafood dinner with wine sounds absolutely PERFECT!!!!

Alaina said...

Glad you had a good time this weekend - I had lots of fun too! We did eat pretty well, didn't we? Those potstickers tasted almost like the dumplings K. & I lived on in China. Will have to get those again. Oh and thanks for saying that my Japanese Coleslaw is good! P.S. Your cookies are perfect-looking AND tasting...

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Gina - Thanks! We had a lot of fun making it!

Alaina - Thanks! Yes we did eat well! We will definitely have to get the pot stickers again - they are SO good!