Tuesday, September 22, 2009

1st Day of Fall

Today is officially the first day of Fall, and although it started out pretty cool today, it turned out to be a beautiful warm day.

This morning around 10:30 I snacked on these crackers again:


Lunch was a "taco bowl" - ground beef made with taco seasoning, wild rice, and mango/ peach salsa to top it off:




For dessert I had some fruit and yogurt:


And an applesauce fruit cup:


I came home to find hubby priming our basement walls!! I can't wait to show you all some before and after pics of our basement. Our basement was completely unfinished before, and we have done MAJOR work in it (like over $30, 000 worth)! After we paint we will put in the flooring, then put the suspended ceiling up, then decorate! We hope to have it all done by the 3rd week in October (*fingers crossed*). It is really exciting though! I can't wait to have another 600 feet (approx) of livable space (the laundry room/ furnace etc takes up the other few hundred).

I made a a colorful autumn dinner for the hubby and I while he painted. We had roasted beets, roasted green veggies (green pepper, asparagus, broccoli) and baked tofu tossed with maple syrup, soy sauce and pepper:


The hubby and I are now headed to the pool to see our cute little nephew at his swimming lessons :-) I can't wait to see the little guy!

Today is also day 4 of my training for C25K and a longer run (90 second run, 2 minute walk). The 2 minute walk should make it bearable for me ... but we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the basement before and after. Sounds like you guys are doing an awesome job- and good for you for doing it on your own!!