Friday, September 25, 2009

Saskatoon and Thai Food

Hey guys! I am blogging from my hotel room in Saskatoon. We got here around 6:45 this evening after a 2 hour drive from home.

1st things first ... my eats from today:

My morning snack was this fruit cup:

And a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie (sorry no pic).

Lunch today was leftover veggie pizza:


And an orange:


With one of my Nestea Vitao samples to drink:


I tried the Green Tea with apple juice flavor. It was good - not too sweet, and very refreshing. I couldn't finish the whole thing because I am so used to drinking water all the time, and after a while even the little bit of sweetness just wasn't appealing to me. I would probably like these even more if they were just made with tea and vitamins and had no fruit juice in them. The hubby seems to really like these drinks though!

After work we left for Saskatoon and got here in time for a lovely dinner at a Thai restaurant called Kao's which has been voted best Thai in Saskatoon fro 6 years in a row. I now know why - it was by far the most authentic, fresh, and delicious Thai food I have ever had. Nothing in my city compares to it. The hubby and I shared an order of Fresh Roles:


The peanut sauce was SO fresh I swear they must make it from scratch 2 minutes before bringing it out.

I ordered the Bird's Nest (a small portion of crispy noodles, topped with chicken, and loads of veggies, in a fresh and tasty sauce):

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmy :-)

We will definitely return to this restaurant another time! Now I am headed to bed to get a good nights sleep before my 10 am test tomorrow.

G'nite!

2 comments:

Simply Life said...

Oh yum, your meals sound amazing!

GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!! I'll be excited to hear how it goes!

Jocelyn said...

mmm thai food ;) my fave!