Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tropical Monster


This morning I felt like a Green Monster (of course), but I wanted to switch it up a bit. I made a Tropical Monster that contained:

- about 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit (peaches/ mango/ strawberries)
- 1 TBSP organic coconut
- Sprinkle Flax Seed (ground)

I also had a piece of toast with Olive Oil Margarine:


Brrrrrrr ... it is cold in my house this morning! I think all the heat that we have been getting is gone for good, because it sure feels like fall is here. Oh well, the sooner fall comes, the sooner winter will come and then I can go on my trip to the Dominican :-)

I keep waiting for the travel agent to send us our package of information about our trip/ flight times etc. It always makes it seem more real when you get that in the mail!

I LOVE vacations (duhh) and love traveling as much as possible. Hubby and I have been married 5 years and in that time we have gone on 5 trips. We have gone to Hawaii, Mexico, Cuba, Minneapolis, and Las Vegas. I want to try and go on a minimum of 1 each year, but hopefully 2 sometimes!

Where have you travelled? Do you have any travel plans coming up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I have never travelled out of the UK. I can't fly (big fear of flying and claustrophobia)so my only way of travelling is by ferry or coach. This kinda limits me.

Taylor

Simply Life said...

I've never had almond milk before - do you use it in cereal too?

I LOVE traveling and have done quite a bit of it, always finding creative ways to go when I can't afford it. I worked as a nanny and taught English in Spain, worked at a camp in the Dominican Republic, volunteered in Swaziland, took a honeymoon in Belize and tagged along my husband's work trip this spring to India! I feel like even though I don't always stay at a resort or spend my days at the beach, it's a great way to really get to know the culture! Where are you going?!?! How exciting!!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Simply Life - Wow! You have done A LOT of traveling! India is one place I would LOVE to go! I am going to the Dominican Republic (Puerta Plata) over New Years.

No, I don't use almond milk in cereal ... actually I don't even know what it tastes like because the ONLY thing I use it in is smoothies, so I can't taste its actual flavor.