Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Well - today we had the first snow fall of the season in my little city. I walked out of the lab this evening to see a fine layer of snow covering the ground, trees, and cars. It was a beautiful sight, however it frightens me just a bit - is winter here already?

It is hard to believe we are almost halfway through October! I have less than 3 months until my whole world is going to change - I will be done school, and not registering for more classes for the first time in 9 years. I am so excited about the prospect of free time. I cannot wait to cook more, bake more and entertain more, and just enjoy life more in general.

I love university - I really do ... but I am done. I need a break. For the first time since I was 17 years old (I am turning 27 next week) I am NOT craving a new semester of classes. I used to love this time of year because it meant registration date was coming soon, and I could pick my classes for the next semester. Well right now I am thankful that I don't have to pick classes. I am finally just done. And I am totally okay with that.

Just some thoughts for this cool October evening :-)

Now on to eats ...

Breakfast today was a Green Monster - obviously! I decided to switch up the pic for your sake.



And a Glo-Bar for carbs/ protein:



This held me over until lunch.
For lunch I had 1 turkey sausage and some mashed sweet potato with some margarine:



I also had a fruit cup:



And a piece of cheese:



After work today I headed straight for the lab to run some more participants through my experiment. I was there until about 7:00, so I bought a small pasta salad to hold me over until dinner. I had about 1/2 cup and then tossed it because it was gross (sorry no pic).

Dinner was something quick and easy since I got home pretty late. I made a can of mushroom soup that I split with the hubby, and some tuna salad that I ate on a few organic rice crackers:


I am going to study for a bit and then head to bed early!
G'nite peeps!

5 comments:

Sophia said...

Oh my goodness...is it snowing already?! That's crazy! Thank god for LA! The temperature dipped to 50 and I'm complaining! >.<

Joy of Fod said...

I'm so jealous, I want it to snow here :) No more school sounds great and I love your plans of baking and entertaining more.

Taylor

Simply Life said...

What a great feeling that must be to be SO close to the end! Gosh, I can't believe it started snowing there already!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it started snowing there already! I can't even think of snow yet!

Anonymous said...

oh man, i guess it is time for snow in cananda-we've got snow on the mountains here in oregon, but portland doesn't get much snow EVER, which is sad! trust me, move to where it rains for the whole 6+ months canada is getting snow and you'd love winter up there! :-)