Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday's Eats and Running Hiatus


This morning I woke up craving a toasted tomato sandwich for breakfast.
Again today, I wasn't very hungry - but I knew I needed something to keep me satisfied until lunch.

Unfortunately this sandwich didn't cut it, and I was ready to gnaw my arm off by about 9:15. Lovely. Too bad I forgot to bring a snack to work.

Lunch today was a quick "Mr. Sub" meal (like Subway for all the American readers!) I had:
  • Small multi-grain grilled chicken sub with lettuce, tomato, green and black olives, mushrooms, banana peppers, and buffalo sauce
  • 1/2 a small bowl of broccoli cheddar soup (it was greasy and nasty so I tossed it pretty quickly)
Dinner was some turkey noodle soup, a pear, and some Mary's organic crackers with light herb and garlic cream cheese.



My snack tonight was a packet of Amazing Grass's Chocolate GREEN Superfood mixed with 1/2 cup source vanilla yogurt, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, and a banana:





Mmmm, Slime.

You may have noticed that I have not been talking about my running much in the last few weeks. I have NOT given up ... but I have had to take a short hiatus due to the crap weather in Saskatchewan. We have had rain, ice, snow, cold - you name it. The hubby and I are currently looking for a gym with a track that we can join so that I can continue to train. I hope to get back at it ASAP so that I don't lose any progress I have made.

I am off to enjoy the a few minutes of relaxation in front of the TV with the hubby!

Today is my last day of being a 26 year old - Eeeeeeek!
See you all tomorrow for my B-Day and a special dinner out with the hubby!
The real celebration (with friends) will be Saturday night!

How do you celebrate your b-day?


6 comments:

Devan said...

Try mixing the chocolate amazing grass in pumpkin, and pumpkin spices! OH heaven <3 with some almond milk.. its bliss!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! HAha, that's so cool that you and I both are October birthdays! I haven't really been celebrating my b-day for years, though, ever since...a-hem, my eating disorder, but I hope to celebrate my b-day this year with REAL joy...as I hope YOU will too!! Can't wait for your dinner recap!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow (or is it today when you get this!) Anyway hope you have a great one! I just love celebrating with friends or family!

Jem

Simply Life said...

Dinner looks delicious! I hate it when I eat breakfast and am hungry again in a little bit!

Happy Birthday!!!!!! My husband and I always "do" something to celebrate our birthdays - dinners, shows, museum, etc - rather than get gifts. It's a nice way to make the birthday stretch all day and to get some good quality time :)

Barbara said...

Wish I would wake up not hungry!
Re birthdays: there is a point when you don't want to celebrate- you don't want to be reminded. I am there. :(

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!
this past year our family friend graduated law school on my birthday, so i went to that-no the most exciting birthday :-)
the year before, my fiance (who was at the time my boyfriend)'s mom was visiting... and he hadn't told her we were dating... but he had her take me out for my birthday. that was a little weird.