Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dumpster Diving and Hotdogs - Pure Class.

S


unday morning if you would have looked out behind my house, you would have seen the hubby in pajamas digging through the dumpster.

Was it because I didn't make him breakfast?

Guess Again.

Perhaps it was because I asked him where our $350 (Sold Out)
Broadway tickets were ...


When he was cleaning the house for our 24, 24, 24 dinner he tossed out the GIANT envelope that they came in, and then took the trash out to the alley dumpster. Needless to say, he forgot to look in the GIANT envelope to see if there were any tickets in it!

Nearly 2 days later they were recovered safe and sound, but they had quite the journey.

We will be going to see Wicked on Broadway this Saturday (as long as the tickets don't go slumming it again). I am so excited!! It is supposed to be a great show.

Another reason I am excited to go to NY is to buy more flavours of this lovely stuff:



There is a PB & Co. restaurant in NY that we hope to check out.
I am thinking that I want to try "The Elvis" complete with bacon and all.

I had a scoop of the Dark Chocolate Dreams with my apple last night:



I also had a grapefruit with a sprinkle of Stevia:



Breakfast this morning was an English muffin with 2 runny eggs:



I picked up a 6" chicken breast sub for lunch:



The sub just didn't cut it for me today. I was haaaaaaaaaaaaangry!!

So, I did the only logical thing I could think of and raid the student hot dog lunch at school for leftovers.



I am classy like that.

After work I had some edamame, and 1/3 of a pita with 2 T hummus:







Dinner was terriyaki chicken breasts with lots of HOT sauce, a bunch of asparagus, and a salad with Saskatoon vinaigrette and a sprinkle of cheese and bacon bits:





This evening the hubby and I went to Chapters and I had a decaf latte. No caffeine for me after about 4:00 or I won't sleep.

Does caffeine affect you at night?

What is your take on hot dogs? Do you eat them?
Are you afraid of what they are made of?


My friend once told me they are made of pigeons and old men's hats :-)

Probably.

But frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't drink coffee or tea so it doesn't affect me.

I haven't had a hot dog this year. Probably would have to be a pretty healthy one for me to do so now. Before this year I'd eat them and not care what was in them. Now I want to avoid salt and other bad for you crap that might be in them.

Jocelyn said...

I enjoy a good hot dog lol...especially cooked over a campfire ;)

I can not believe your tix were LOOOST. I am soo glad you found them!!

Have fun on your trip! Make sure to take LOTS of pics inside of PB&CO!!! :D:D

Anonymous said...

believe it or not i'm not a HUGE fan of hot dogs. Glenn LOVES them! I like the toppings for hotdogs though. :) HOLY MOLY thank goodness you found those tickets!!! They are worth an airplane ticket!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday said...

*Gasp* I would have cried if I lost broadway tickets. And then cried again as I searched for them in the garbage.
You must have been sooooo relieved they were found.

Kat said...

I must get that peanut butter. Must must must! Caffeine doesnt effect me at all unfortunetly. I can drink a whole pot of coffee when I wake up and still go back to sleep. I still love it though! I very much dislike hotdogs. There is nothing real about them, and regular hotdogs are basically all fat. I used to be able to eat reduced fat turkey dogs, of course they were smothered in chili. Haha.
BTW, my amazing grass is the 8.5 ounce. I just thought it would be bigger...

Christine @ Grub, sweat and cheers said...

Glad you found your tickets!

I do like a smokie every now and then and on the very rare occasion do eat a hotdog at a football game or something. Despite knowing what's in them I'm not as grossed out by them as I should be.

Caffeine - don't usually do after 4:00 unless it's been a very, very bad day.

Anonymous said...

I need to get that pb ASAP! Caffeine at night doesn't affect me too much, thank goodness!

Anonymous said...

You're going to LOVE "Wicked"! It is one of my favorite musicals - I felt like a little kid entranced by the story when I saw it a couple of years ago. I'm so glad the tickets were recovered, that would have been a horrible loss!

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self said...

You are going to LOVE Wicked! It's an awesome show!

Because I don't drink caffeine very often, I am extremely affected by it. I generally try not to have any after 4:00 at the absolute latest!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

coffee affects me big time! I have to be very careful!!

I don't mind a hot dog here and there (I was actually craving on the other day)

Thank goodness you guys found those tickets!! How sad would that have been!!

Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!! :) I can't wait to see the pictures (and see how you like pb and bacon!)

Kyle and Darci said...

Wow...that was a close call with the tickets! ;) Nope.. caffeine doesn't affect me one bit!

I know hot dogs are made of gross scary things, but I still like them!! And just ketchup for me...grilled ones are the best!

Pam said...

Oh yeah!....if I have caffeine too late..it will keep me up!...ugh!

xoxo

Pam said...

OMG.....I'm SO glad you found those tickets!

We eat hot dogs too, but if I am buying them usually it is the turkey franks!

Enjoy!....can't wait to see all the fun things you are going to do in NY!

xoxo

Kacy said...

Haha, poor hubby. So glad they turned up though!

I can't drink caffeine after about 10 a.m. or I have trouble sleeping. It affects me pretty heavily.

I used to love all beef hot dogs when I ate lots of meat, but yes the ingreds do scare me, especially after having seen Food, Inc.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

I love turkey and chicken hot dogs, so good! With ketchup and mustard..yum!

That's so funny about the tickets! At least you found them!

Sarah said...

Whew! That was close with those tickets!

I can't have caffeine after about 7-8pm, and I often find it difficult to sleep if I eat after 7pm. Unless I eat carb loaded food, and then I can sleep like a baby!

Losing in the City said...

you're going to love Wicked and you're trip to NYC.. and the theater for wicked is right in the smack of midtown and walking distance to times square, so you can see and do anything..the weather has picked up a lot as well.. it's been raining like crazy up until today.. starting tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend, the weather is absolutely beautiful... you have to get the chocolate chocolate flavor, it's super delish....

Anais said...

Thank God you guys found them!!!!! I LOVE Wicked, it is my favorite broadway show of all time! I saw it in Ottawa but seeing it in NYC will be an unforgettable experience I'm sure!!