Monday, April 12, 2010

5 - 10 A Day!


I have been craving veggies and fruits like crazy over the past couple days!

This mornings breakfast was a lovely Green Monster:


(1 cup almond breeze, 3 cups organic spinach, 1 t almond butter, 1 scoop amazing grass, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 scoop Hemp/ Maca, Cacao Powder).

I headed out to my car this morning to go to work and it was SNOWING! I thought spring was here :-( Luckily it melted as it hit the ground. It better not return.

Lunch was a tiny piece of leftover lasagna from my in-laws last night, along with an orange, some carrots and some strawberries:







I made a veggie and tofu stir fry for dinner, and served it over half a cup of rice:





Dessert was an apple with 1 T PB and a white freezie.
I love the white freezies the best!



What is your favourite colour of freezie?

What foods remind you most of Summer?




Align Center

18 comments:

Alaina said...

Blech! Hate freezies - always have! Even as a little kid. I am much more of a fudgesicle kind of gal. How can you eat them when it is so miserable out too? The weather is making me grumpy.

Anonymous said...

I always liked the red,blue and peach. Ice cream and bbq hamburgers remind me of summer.

Yelena said...

Love all the fruit and veggie eats today! What is a freezie?

Simply Life said...

Just curious - what seasonings did you put with your stir-fry? it looks great!

Anonymous said...

wow! you sure did get your veggie/fruit fixes!! I can't believe it snowed..that is CRAZY..like seriously.

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday said...

white freezies are pretty awesome. orange is the worst.

Anonymous said...

Ice cream definitely reminds me the most of summer!

Kat said...

Whats a freezeie? The foods that remind me most of summer of figs and white peaches. My pape had them growing in his back yard so my cousins and I would have at least one everyday. I could prob have ate the entire peach tree if I tried. And figs were so fun to eat :)

Katie @ Health for the Whole Self said...

Summer foods = local strawberries and peaches!!! Can't wait! :)

No idea what a freezie is...

Anais said...

You definitely got all your fruits and veggies in ;) I'm still using up those Amazing Grass samples and am SO thankful for them!!

Certain salads make me think of summer (preferably with lots of cucumbers), and lemonade and mojitos ;)

Christine @ Grub, Sweat and Cheers said...

I used to love blue freezies but I think my teeth would fall out if I ate one now...and rootbeer popsicles...whatever happened to those?

Summer food is anything grilled and salad...lots and lots of fresh salads.

Kacy said...

I don't think I know what a freezie is, lol.

Watermelon definitely reminds me of summer!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

I looooooove white freezies too!! Y YUM!!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Fresh corn, strawberries, tomatoes, and peaches remind me of summer!!

Amber said...

Hmmmmm that stirfry looks good! I know what I'm having for dinner today :D

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

that apple and pb looks delicious!

sophia said...

salads...berries..white peaches...cherries...sleeping in...lazing abt...BBQ....grilling...iced tea!

emily said...

What's a freezie?