Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie Oats

Y 

esterdays eats were uneventful (wifesaver, ice cappuccino, small veggie sub, veggie pita pizza, and a grapefruit), so lets get on to breakfast this morning!

Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie Oats
(This recipe was inspired by this pie that a colleague of mine brought to work the other day)


1/2 cup chocolate almond breeze
1/2 cup brewed coffee
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 banana
1 T dark chocolate PB
1 graham cracker

Bring the liquid to a boil.  Stir in the oats, and cook on med for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and cover for a couple minutes.
Meanwhile, mash 1/2 a banana with 1 T dark chocolate dreams PB.
Stir the mixture into the oats, and top with 1 crumbled graham cracker.


Yummmmmmm!

Yesterday was my first day of grad school!!  My class last night was Neuro. Psych..  I have a bit of a background in Neuro., so the class should be no problem.  I have actually used the textbook before in a class I took about 2 years ago.  I still have all my notes too :-)

I am so thankful that we sold our car yesterday!  We bought a new car back in July, and have we have been trying to sell an older one since then.  Yesterday if finally sold.

What are you thankful for today?





13 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Today I am simply thankful for good health.

Jessica @ How Sweet said...

Okay these are some oats I need to try! They sound fabulous!

Kat said...

Oh yes those oats look so tasty!! Too bad I am currently out!! ahh!! Glad your first class went well :) SOunds like it should be a breeze for you!!
Awesome that you sold your car!!

Kacy said...

I'm thankful for this oatmeal idea :)

Amber said...

OH man, I wish I'd seen this blog post before I made my oats this morning! Looks AMAZING!!!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

Oh man, I am adding graham crackers to my shopping list! This morning I am thankful for my little brother for sending me a few things that put a smile on my face!

Anonymous said...

omg. you and angela from OSG should have a "throw down" involving oats. JESUS! delish. I am thankful for running water...I currently have NONE right now cause of a pipe leak and I"m going crazy!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my health after abusing my body for so many years!

eatmovelove said...

Congrats on selling your car!

Oh my Lord Jolene - those oats...y'know what my problem is though? I'd be eating all the ingredients as I made it...seriously...I have issues...i'd be shoving the peanut butter, the graham cracker, munching on it while making it...and it defeats the purpose...blah.

What are you in Grad School for?!! In Winnipeg I assume?!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Good luck w/ your grad school semester!! I hope it goes well. Balancing working & grad school is tough (I did it for 3 years) so I can totally relate.

Today, I am thankful for the coffee break I took so I could catch up with a co-worker over a latte. I hadn't left my desk all week, except to go to the bathroom, so I was really over due for 30 minutes away from my computer. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing!! Good luck in grad school!

Joanne @ mostlyfitmom said...

I took neuro psych at U of R a couple of years ago (it was an elective, and I think it was only a 100 or maybe 200 level class), and found it really interesting. Nice not to have to drop $ on a new textbook!

Amanda said...

Today I am thankful for my family :) They mean so very much to me! And for being able to eat healthy!!