Tuesday, October 26, 2010

10 on Tuesday

M 


ornings like this make me wish I could curl up and stay in bed:


We had our first snow fall of the season today. 
My city has been issued a weather warning.  
The winds are gusting at 80km/hr.  It is not pretty.

In other news, 10 days until I leave for the Foodbuzz Festival in San Fransisco!  
I am nervous to travel by myself, but I am also excited.  
I have never travelled alone before, not even a little trip.

Breakfast for the past two mornings has been a Green Monster (1 cup Almond Breeze, 1 frozen banana, 1 tsp hemp seeds, 1 scoop Amazing Grass) and a pear:



Lunch has been the same as well (turkey sandwich).  
I also had an ice-cappuccino yesterday, and veggies today:


I had an exam last night, so I had a quick veggie pita pizza while cramming:


This evenings dinner was from The BIG Cook.  It was saucy chicken on rice:


My snack was Source Vanilla Yogurt (the best yogurt) with 1 tsp of melted PB:


10 on Tuesday

1. What is your favorite decor item in your house?
I love the original painting in my living room of a red tree.

2. What is your favorite hair product?
I only use shampoo and conditioner - nothing else.  I always use Live Clean.

3. Are you a good dancer?
I bust out moves you haven't even heard of before - like the unicorn.
Don't ask.

4. You get some good news, who’s the first person you call?
I tell the husband first, and then I call my mom.

5. Would you rather take pictures, or be in pictures?
Take them.

6. What is your shoe style?
I like simple heels, closed or peep-toe.  I also love boots.

7. How often do you eat out?
Once or twice a week, sometimes more ... we are on the road a lot, and also have a lot of social engagements with friends that revolve around going out.

8. If someone has food in their teeth, do you tell them?
Depends who it is.  Not usually, because it is awkward.

9. Do you fold your underwear?
Nope.

10. Milk, dark, or white chocolate?I like milk the best.  I don't care if it is a foodie sin to say so.  It is creamier.  I also love dark chocolate, and the white chocolate-like substance (that is not made with cacao beans, so it is not chocolate) as well.

Have you ever traveled alone?  Where to?  On a plane?  By car?
What are your answers to the 10 on Tuesday?


21 comments:

Eden said...

O I say milk all the way! I gag at the 75% chocolate! too bitter! I enjoy dark chocolate, but milk hits the spot! And I'm counting the days to foodbuzz too!

I have traveled alone on planes since I was 12. my family lives all over the world so I had to.

Anonymous said...

Yuuum. I think you've got me hooked on vanilla yogurt with pb - so so good ! And that curry looks fab xxx

Simply Life said...

oh no! I am not looking forward to snow here! stay warm!

Kat said...

So jealous of the snow! I have never been somewhere with the snow falling. Ive been IN snow, but havent seen it fall. One day!! I will NEVER travel by plane alone (terrified of them!!) but I take the train a lot or drive myself. Its about a 6 hour drive to my daddys. Ive been driving there since I was 17 by myself so its no big deal

Alanna said...

Your first snow already! eee! That means it's headed this way soon.
Yuck!

Can't wait to hear about your travels!

Melissa @ Made in Melissa's Kitchen said...

I am not looking forward to our first snowfall at all! The weather (weirdly) has been in the 60's here for the past couple of days, but I know it won't last!

Christina said...

i can't believe it's already snowing! i would definitely want to stay inside. i'm a huge fan of milk too. chocolate milk is fun every now and then, but i really enjoy plain milk! :) good luck in that storm!

Amber said...

Eep that's a lot of snow you guys have!!

I have traveled alone quite a few times, you are going to be fine and have SO MUCH FUN meeting all the other foodie bloggers!! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

I've flown (by myself) back and forth between our home and my BF's hometown four times since April. He had a close family member in the hospital and while he needed to stay with them, I had to work/move/pick up more stuff from our apartment and bring it to him there... I hated every minute of it! Not because I mind traveling alone, but because I'm such a nervous flier!

Annnnnnnd: fresh flowers, anything that adds volume, not so much, BF, take, Uggs, a few times a year, usually, never and WHITE! In that order ;-)

Kacy said...

I like milk chocolate best too!

I fly by myself to visit people often and traveled by myself to Fitbloggin. I'll also travel by myself to DC next week.

Heather Iacobacci-Miller said...

Don't even want to think about snow or winter for that matter. I am one to tell you if you've got food in your teeth b/c I hope people will do the same for me

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It was fun reading your answers! :)

I have traveled alone quite a bit. Mostly by plane. Most of the time i am traveling to visit a friend or family member, but I went to Paris by myself in 2008 and absolutely loved solo travel.

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

The snow looks beautiful! As for the questions...I do not fold my underwear and I love wedge shoes. I have flown alone before to see my sister, but I prefer to fly with my husband.

Toni @ Imperfect Pregnancy said...

I used to fly back to California a couple times a year when I was in school. Now with the full time work gig it's hard to get back there. I liked traveling alone, though. I could do what i wanted, listen to my tunes, chill, people watch. It was nice. You'll be fine. :)

Anonymous said...

ooooo cool snow!! we get snow here like ONCE a year and everybody freaks out when it happens! haha!

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear said...

Oh wow, so much snow already! and I'm from Finland, I should not be amazed by snow :D

I've travelled alone a few times but the scariest thing was to travel to Germany all by myself and start a new life there!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

i traveled alone to CostaRica for a MONTH...i was newly married and went away for a month to do yoga...and get certified as a teacher. Scared to death but it was one of the greatest experiences ever!

love your answers to all of these.

#9 = Im the same! LOL

The Fajdich Times said...

I can't believe you have so much SNOW. WOW! It is 47 degrees in Manteno, Illinois today. Sure hope we don't get snow anytime soon. Can't wait to hear all about your Foodbuss Festival trip! Have a great time:)

eatmovelove said...

Oh my Lord - you have snow already! So glad not living there right about now....;)

And SOURCE is the best :)

Unknown said...

This summer, I flew by myself to Kelowna, B.C. to pick up a '79 MG that my hubby bought for my BIG birthday. I was panicked about driving back through the mountains by myself, but once I got into the swing of zipping around the curves in my little auto, I enjoyed every minute of it! It's too small to do any big highway passing, but I did manage to pass one gentleman outside of Moose Jaw. I wanted to pull over to thank him for letting me feel the 'power'! Tee hee!

Anonymous said...

you'll be fine! your cards DID come out nice!! Be proud of your blog and don't be afraid! I fly by myself all the time...but I do know the person who I am going to see though!! I'm would be nervous meeting so many bloggers as well but everyone I've met has been so welcoming!