Saturday, January 15, 2011

These are a Few of My Favourite Things ...


1) Vegan Overnight Oat Parfaits

(Breakfast Yesterday)

Brownie Batter VOO

1/3 cup quick oats
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 T unsweetened cocoa
1 scoop chia seeds
2/3 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze

Mix above ingredients together, cover and put in the fridge overnight.

Make banana soft serve in the morning (1 frozen banana, 3 T Almond breeze/ milk - in food processor or Vita-Mix). Layer with the VOO.

 

2) Dinner for 1 from Angkor Restaurant

 
(I had this for lunch yesterday, and there was enough leftover for both the hubby and I to have it for lunch today!!)

3) Pasta

(Dinner yesterday)

Asiago and Herb Pasta

4 cups Fusilli 
2 T butter
2/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
2 T dried parsley
1.5 T mayo
1/2 cup whipping creme
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup crumbled bacon

Cook and drain pasta.  Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan.  Add all the rest of the ingredients and warm (do not boil).  Toss with pasta and serve immediately.  Season with pepper.

4) Organic Fresh Fruit

(Breakfast Today)

5) Green Tea in Pretty Tea Pots


I enjoyed my fruit breakfast with a small pot of loose green tea.

6) My new coffee mug.  

I always drink my coffee out of a to-go mug, even when I am at home, or have brunch guests.  I hate when coffee cools off too quickly.  My new mug keeps it HOT for hours, and is a really pretty copper colour.  I am really into metallics lately.

7) Donna Hay Magazine


This is an Australian magazine, and the issues are all back-ordered, so I read summery issues in the winter, and vice versa - but I don't care!

8) Derma E Products


These products are paraben free, cruelty free, etc..  They also make my skin feel fantastic.  I don't have psoriasis or any eczema, but the cremes can be used by anyone, daily, under makeup.  I want every single product that they make (Disclaimer: I bought these all on my own, and have no connection to the company, and received no free samples from them).

9) New York!!!


The hubby and I are checking Expedia daily, and plan on booking another trip to NY this April!

10) Going out with friends on a Saturday night ... off to do that now!

Have a good weekend peeps!

What are some of your favourite things at the moment?

17 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

OOOOH I want that parfait, please!!

Have fun tonight!!

Amber said...

I REALLY need a new coffee mug and I like the look of yours! Just might have to head to Starbucks this weekend and pick one up of my own :)

Madeline - Greens and Jeans said...

Yay yay yay for a New York trip! I hope it works for me to come up and meet you!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

good luck on planning your trip and have fun tonite!

i want that parfait!

fave thing...75F weather and sunny today :)

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

Yummy looking breakfast girl! This is amazing :)

I really wanted to try these skin care products and I am happy to hear you have been enjoying them! I might just have to give them a whirl!

xxoo

Kacy said...

Yay for New York! I definitely plan to make it over there this year!

Lindsay said...

I too love Donna Hay, but as a fellow Canadian it's smart that you read them in the off season because then the recipes are seasonally appropriate for us!

mr. pineapple man said...

great post! loved it~

Anonymous said...

LOVE all of those things girl!!! that breakfast- amazing!!! I have yet to try the soft serve/oat combo, i gota get on that!

lynn said...

that brownie batter parfait looks amazing!!! so pretty. and i have never thought of adding mayo to my hot pasta. but i'm sure it's delicious since i like it cold!

Emily said...

Oh so jealous! I love New York.

The skin products sound great. I have really bad skin and I need help. I've been experimenting with different products lately.

I love tri-colored rotini.

Autumn@Good Eats Girl said...

I thought I was the only one who liked to drink coffee out of travel mugs all of the time! I also hate it when it cools off too fast!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to New York! But that'll have to wait a little while - we have a different trip booked for my cousin's wedding in February.

Favourite things right now: my Uggs, because they keep my feet warm in this cold weather; my new reading glasses, because they reduce my eyestrain and headaches; and my gas fireplace, because it keeps me warm in this cold weather! Supposed to warm up by the weekend, though. *happy dance*

Anonymous said...

leaving ny was painful. I love it so much. I think Glenn and I are going to try to move there. The energy is incredible!!

winkingannie said...

I love Donna Hay! Her cookbooks are amazing.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oo, fun list!! Some things I am loving lately are tuna casserole (I know this is not gourmet but it's my comfort food and i found a great GF recipe), san pellegrino lemonata drinks, and all the travel plans ahead of me!

thewiildmagnola said...

found this January 1, 2014. i love the pasta recipe and the parfait.

thank you for sharing.

http://thewildmagnolia-ocala.blogspot.com

this is my blog.....