Friday, February 18, 2011

Vegan Days 4 and 5

My vegan breakfast for the past two mornings consisted of a Green Monster (4 giant handfuls spinach, 1 scoop wheat grass, 1.5 cups almond milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 tsp cocoa) and either a slice of toast or a glo-bar.


My lunches included an Amy's burrito and edamame beans, as well as some fruit:


Last night I made Averie's Caribbean coconut rice with garbanzo beans.  
This dish is becoming a new regular in our house.  We love it!

Dessert was a small vegan brownie.


I am so happy it is Friday, and that we have a long weekend (Family Day is Monday). 
It seemed like a really long week, and I am excited to catch up on some sleep this weekend.

After work I snacked on some chipotle hummus and crackers:


This evening the hubby and I went out for dinner, and I had a Lucky bowl (brown rice, raw veggies, marinated tofu and peanut sauce - all vegan).


This is one of my favourite meals in my city.   
It is featured in my header picture.

I am now enjoying a glass of red wine while I thoroughly enjoy last nights episode of American Idol.  Apparently it is National Wine Drinking day in the United States.  Now, I am not an American ... but I would never let something like that stand between me and a glass of Cabernet.

What do you have planned for the weekend?
What foodie/drink day would you look most forward to celebrating?

I want to know when national bacon day is!!!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

National Wine Drinking Day?! I had no idea! Good thing I got 2 glasses in to celebrate!

I am unaware of any foodie holidays. I have much to learn.

sophia said...

Hee hee, you know it's weird, but everytime I see a lady with a glass of wine in her hand, I think of you. Remember that pic I took of you, with the wine glass in your hand? I loved it :-)

Miss you!!

Simply Life said...

that coconut rice does look good!

Kat said...

I wish I could have green monsters for breakfast! Its still too cold here in the mornings, and all I can think of when I wake up is a hot bowl of oats!!

winkingannie said...

That Lucky bowl looks amazing. Put peanut sauce on, and I'll eat anything!

Amber said...

Awesome job on your vegan challenge so far!!! :) Although, not all wine is vegan! Not sure if the wine you had is but I SO DIDN'T know that wine wasn't vegan until I did the challenge!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Amber - yeah it is so weird that wine can be non-vegan! I checked to make sure before I drank it, and yes, it was vegan friendly.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) said...

I'm so tempted to try vegan for awhile! Even my husband is on board and neither of us are even vegetarians!! lol And no, I don't watch Oprah. I'm just inspired by all the delicious foods and of course, my love for animals. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - I'm catching up - didn't know you were doing the Challenge! Far braver than I (but that's no surprise). I wish I had the strength to give up yogurt and stuff - I'm pretty sure it hates me - but I won't....:(

I was wondering where the salad from your from or if it had meaning! Thanks for letting us know - I hope you enjoy your long weekend :)

Eden said...

wine drinking day? I dont know anybody in the US that knows about that! But I'm all in for bacon day! I'm looking forward for "noodle day" because I hear it falls on my birthday!

Kacy said...

Everything looks great!

Friday night I went to a wine tasting party. Yesterday I relaxed and recovered and today I'm going for a long run and cleaning up the apartment.

Averie said...

thanks for the linky love and glad you're loving the coconut rice! :)