Sunday, May 27, 2012

BBQ & Breakfast

The weather is still gloomy, but us Saskatchewanians are hardcore and BBQ anyway.  I enjoyed some of Costco's maple chipotle short ribs this week, as well as some BBQd chicken with ginger noodles.

 
 

My dad took the family out for breakfast this morning where I had Smitty's eggs Benedict.  It wasn't great, but I did like that the fruit bowl contained good fruit and no stinky melons.  The worst is a fruit bowl that is full of cantaloupe and honeydew, which are two fruits I could do without.


Smitty's makes a decent breakfast ... but a homemade one is always better.


Mmmmmm mmmmm!

I have two fun dinners that I am looking forward to this week - both with family.  

What are you looking forward to this week?


5 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, the bbq food at the top looks delish!!

I am looking forward to taking my big exam on Saturday so I can have it behind me for another year.

Kacy said...

I'm looking forward to doing some cooking and a wine festival this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to a short work week!

Anonymous said...

I am TOTALLY in agreement about melons. And inevitably, the melons at restaurants are overripe and slimy, so it doesn't make them any better.

I don't like the Hollandaise at Smitty's...if you're ever in Saskatoon, make reservations at Calories for brunch and have their eggs benny. SOOOO good!

Anonymous said...

you know what's funny? NO ONE likes the melons in a fruit cup except for me! I guess I like cheap fruit!