Friday, November 9, 2012

Five on Friday

1)  Last night we used the leftover duck to make Korean inspired duck tacos.  


They included: duck (chopped finely and fried up a bit in sesame oil), orange sauce (made with chicken broth, OJ, sugar, orange zest and cornstarch to thicken it), and a Korean slaw (kimchi, red cabbage, red onion, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, green onion, and ginger).  Chris worked his magic on the slaw, while I threw together the sauce and fried up the meat.  Perfection in a taco.


I cannot wait to make these again!

2)  Dessert was this loaf that I made the other day (pumpkin gingerbread with spiced butter cream).


3)  My bloggy friend Sophia wrote this article about eating disorders (which is an area I'd love to do some academic research in one day).  I was lucky enough to meet Sophia in San Fransisco and hang out with her for a weekend a couple years ago.  We ate some pretty amazing food!


4)  This morning there was no snow.  By 4:00 this afternoon the ground was covered in a very, very thick blanket of the white stuff.  I came home from work and opened my front door to this:


Then I got out there and got to work.

Before:


After:


I got the back yard, and alley done too - it is good exercise!

5)  After all that hard work, I figure I deserve the 3.5 hours I have booked at the spa for tomorrow morning.  I'm getting a massage, salt scrub and facial.  Bliss.

How was your Friday?  What do you have planned for the weekend? 


4 comments:

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

no snow................ yuckkkkkkkkkk... please don't send it out way!

You deserve every second, I hope you enjoy it!

Allysia said...

You know I haven't had those crunchy tacos in a long time...like since I was a kid. Crazy! Also I remember you telling me about the pumpkin gingerbread, I'm going to pin it so I don't keep forgetting about it, ha ha! I love the before/after shoveling shots, in the before picture you can't even make sense of where anything is (like the sidewalk). Have fun at the spa!

Kacy said...

A spa day sounds fabulous! It would be the only thing that would get me through all that snow ;) Hope you had a good weekend!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow. That is A LOT of snow. We just got a dusting this past Monday. I could not handle that much snow right now! I am glad you had some spa time!!