Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1)  We came home from Mexico to pretty awful weather and a lot more snow.  The last few days have been spent tending to sunburned skin, and hiring guys to move some snow away from around the house as a preventative measure in case of a quick melt.

2)  On Friday evening after working on 3 hours of sleep, I was hunnnnngry!  I ate canned salmon, some Brussels sprouts and a tomato cucumber salad.



3)  We planned to eat mostly vegetarian for the week that we will be at home.  Breakfast on Saturday included some yogurt with granola and berries.



4)  We spent a few minutes this weekend laughing at a commercial with this baby in it:



The baby is evil!  Have you heard it laugh?

5)  Dinner on Saturday was salad and a kimchi/tofu soup.


 

6)  On Saturday evening my computer crashed.  I panicked a bit, since I stupidly had not backed up my files in over a year (oooops).  My screen went completely white/grey and I could not get it to do anything. 



Fortunately PC Place was able to rescue all my files, but they did say my computer is toast

7)  I bought a new laptop, and all my files are now safe and sound on it, and I have learned my lesson about backing it up.  Back up your files today friends!

8)  On Monday morning I felt a little under the weather, but by the end of the day, I had a full on fever, chills, headache, etc..  Christopher took care of me, making dinner and cleaning everything up while I slept.



9)  I didn't feel any better today.  I made an egg salad sandwich but couldn't even get half of it down, even though I felt hungry.  I sipped on hot ginger and lemon water all day.



10)  3 more sleeps until New Orleans!!!!

What are you up to these days?  Have you ever had a computer crash on you? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had my computer crash on me at work - it's so frustrating!! I've never seen that commercial - I'm going to have to google it!

Kacy said...

I hope you feel better soon :( I love egg salad, that looks so good!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well! I hope you are 100% by the time you leave for NOLA!

My computer crashed on me around midterms during a semester of grad school. And I was sick. And I had recently gone through a breakup. I went to Geek Squad and cried as I was in the middle of a paper and was so scared it was gone. Luckily he could retrieve my files and I learned the lesson of backing up and now I have an external hard drive that automatically backs everything up every Sunday.