Tuesday, May 28, 2013

10 on Tuesday

1)  We made dak galbi for dinner last night and it made great leftovers for our lunches today.


2)  Trying to properly number the pages of my thesis will be the death of me!!  Ummmm, well at least the flowers outside the university library are pretty.  Now if only they'd figure out the formatting issues of Microsoft Word for me ... #firstworldproblems


3)  Dear neighbors, please take care of your weeds so that my yard doesn't become as hideous as yours.  Other than that, you're cool.

Sincerely, Jolene Sickofpullingweeds.

P.S. Mowing your dandelions does not constitute taking care of your weeds.  Nice try though.

4)  I'm currently making chicken stock for soup.  It's a great way to use up almost-bad veggies, and I enjoy eating soup all year 'round.


5)  I love juicing!  Tonight it was cucumber, beet and grapefruit.


6)  I've been buying Silver Hills brand bread.  From what I can gather it seems to be the healthiest choice in the grocery store, next to another favourite of mine, Ezekiel.


7)  I didn't really understand or even know what Instagram was until a few days ago.  I had a look at my sister's page, and was told by a friend that I should be on Instagram, and now I sort of need it.

One small problem ...


Yeah, not really Instragram-capable.  Maybe it's time for a new phone.  One of these days.  And by one of these days, I pretty much mean a few years from now.  Probably.

8)  We grabbed some Shallot infused olive oil a couple of weeks ago and have been cooking with it quite a bit.  Oliv is a cool store because you can try all the oils/vinegars that they sell.  They have stores in both Moose Jaw and Saskatoon.


9)  I'm going to try and get to bed early earlier than usual tonight.  I have some important reading to do ...


10)  And now for something adorable ...

Christopher and I sort of, unofficially, take turns picking series to watch, or movies, etc..  Anyway, there is a series that I own that he definitely does not want to watch, and he's going through great lengths to hide it in hopes that I will forget about it ;-)  Verrrrry sneaky!


What are your Tuesday things?  Do you Instagram?  
What TV series do you love?

6 comments:

Simply Life said...

That juice sounds great!

Anonymous said...

My phone looks just like yours - so no Instagram for me either. My favorite TV series are Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy and, of course, Friends!

Kacy said...

That's adorable. My favorites are Damages, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Weeds, Dexter, Nurse Jackie... I could go on. Haha.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have instagram on my phone but I rarely use it! I don't feel like I have enough interesting stuff to take pictures of. Especially these days when my life is work, sleep, study...

My favorite TV show to rewatch is Sex and the City. My favorite current TV is Parenthood.

Anonymous said...

Cucumber,beet and grapefruit?!?!?! Doesn't sound to appealing to me :) But hey whatever works for you right?
Is there a combination you tried and wished you didn't?

OH and I just mow my dandelions too :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

The juice was so good!! Haha! Nope, there is no combination that I've tried and wished I didn't. I have had pretty good luck :-)