Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Grill Masters


Grilled asparagus is the best kind of asparagus.

Last night we also threw some fish on the BBQ.  I mixed sesame oil, soy, oyster sauce, sake, ginger, garlic and gochujang and brushed this on salmon.  We then rested this on a bed of celery and onion, and placed it on tinfoil over the grill.


Also, a first for me, was rice done on the BBQ.  Christopher cut up veggies including carrot, pepper, green onions, mushrooms and cucumber.  He tossed these with shallot oil and spices, and threw in leftover rice, wrapping it all in tinfoil.  It was sooooo good!  I had also never had cucumber cooked on the grill, and I discovered I really like cooked cucumber.


I found this last little chunk of haloumi cheese in the fridge and since I know how much Christopher hates "little bits of things" being left in the fridge etc., I thought we'd grill that up too.


Have you ever had rice cooked on the BBQ?  Cucumber? 

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never had rice on the BBQ or cooked cucumber. I love cucumbers so I bet I'd like them cooked, too. I really hope the weather cooperates this weekend so I can do some grilling!

Kacy said...

That all sounds amazing! I need to get a grill basket so I can do this.

Losing in the City said...

i have never had rice on the grill, but sounds good and would love to try it.. i love kimchi :-)

mostlyfitmom said...

Why have I never BBQ'd asparagus? Looks so good. Have never had cooked cucumber, didn't even know it was an option ;)