Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Baking

A good portion of yesterday afternoon was spent baking.  


I got a bunch of rhubarb the other day (thanks Vicki!), and so I made rhubarb snacking cake using this recipe.  

 
I also made dough for pie crust which I chilled overnight, and a couple loaves of my favourite bread.


I gave Christopher a container last night to fill up with snacky cake for his sister and Will, since they had provided me with the rhubarb.  I said, "Give them lots, because you won't eat it all, and I'm making pie tomorrow too."  He agreed.

He snapped the lid on the container for his sister.  

I burst out laughing when I saw this:


Need a closer look:


Somebody doesn't want to share his snacky cake ;-)  After a good laugh, he grudgingly happily filled the container to the top.  

Do you like rhubarb?  Have you ever cooked/baked with it?

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I LOVE rhubarb. We had a huge plant at my parents home in ND, so we ate a lot of rhubarb desserts. I loved rhubarb crisp the best, but my favorite use for rhubarb was rhubarb slush. My mom makes it every summer and I made her promise to hide some in the freezer for me so I can have one when I am home in August!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

That is funny!

I've never had rhubarb. My friend loves it though, so I've been meaning to try it. I didn't know you could bake with it!

Kacy said...

Hahaha, that's so cute. I don't eat rhubarb very often but I love it in desserts. That looks so delicious!!

Allysia said...

Oooooh, I should try to get my hands on some rhubarb! I've been desperate to bake lately and that sounds like the perfect ingredient right now....rhubarb muffins, perhaps?