Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cedar Plank Salmon

Last night we were the neighbors cooking outside, making everyone within a block radius jealous.  The smells coming from the BBQ were intoxicating.


We tried grilling salmon on a cedar plank (which you can get pre-soaked for about $3 from Pacific Fresh).  We mixed up 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 T grainy mustard, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and spread it on the fish before and throughout cooking.  


On the side was a rice pilaf, also done on the grill.  We had leftover rice and shrimp curry, so we mixed those along with more spices and herbs, cucumber, tomato and bell pepper, in a tinfoil package.  After about 25 minutes, dinner was served.


It was a calm, gorgeous evening, so we ate outside.

Summer, feel free to stay a while.

Have you ever cooked anything on a cedar plank?
Do you like to eat outside?

5 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I haven't, but my aunt and uncle do cedar plank salmon all the time and it tastes AMAZING. I love eating outside and ate so many meals outdoor last year. But now my patio faces a courtyard and when I selected this apartment, I didn't think about the lack of privacy I would have by facing a courtyard... live and learn!

Simply Life said...

Wow! This does look incredible!

Anonymous said...

Eating outside is the best in the summertime!

Kacy said...

I only like raw salmon in sushi, but I LOVE eating outside!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

@ Kacy - no worries, it wasn't raw! It's just really red/pink because of the type of salmon it is. We cooked it for 25 minutes :-)