Thursday, July 4, 2013

Food Lists

Sometimes I do really important research. 

Like, you know, looking up the 10 most expensive foods in the world.  Google - I blame you for this.  Thankfully, none of these foods look appealing, and my bank account just breathed a sigh of relief.

Hmmm, what next, maybe the 50 best foods in the world ...

CNN posted an article quite a while ago about what their staff consider to be the 50 most delicious foods/dishes on the planet.  I thought the list was too general, and also a little ridiculous (and off base - where's the kimchi!?).  Some of the foods that made the cut include:  buttered popcorn, poutine, ketchup, maple syrup, donuts, ice cream, stinky tofu, buttered toast with Marmite, pho, tacos, Montreal smoked meat, lasagna, lobster, sushi, chocolate, and corn on the cob.

Corn on the cob was the only vegetable that made the list.  I think my list would be full of veggies! This evening we had a veggie-filled dinner that included grilled portobellos, skewers with peppers, tofu, tomato and cucumber, and corn on the cob.


I like a more specific list, such as this list of 33 foods worth traveling across the world just to eat.  I actually want to try the foods on this list, and beebimbap made the cut ... now we're getting somewhere!

This list of the worlds most extreme foods is kind of fun! 

Alright, bed time Jolene.


3 comments:

Allysia said...

Corn on the cob...the only...vegetable?! The world is wrong! Also on that top 10 expensive food list, I would totally try the mushrooms, and that japanese watermelon. You know, if I didn't have to pay, ha ha.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never seen corn in the cob grilled in foil - I will have to try that!

One food i always look forward to having in Paris is their gallettes, which is a savory crepe. They are so simple and delicious. I would like to try to recreate them but haven't gotten around to doing that...

Kacy said...

Haha, I'm the same way. I think about food and eating out so often.