Thursday, November 7, 2013

Moooooooose

A year ago we made a moose calzone, and we've been wanting to eat it again ever since.


We were lucky enough to get our hands on a couple pounds of ground moose meat.  We used 1 lb. of it to make another tasty calzone:

Moose meat is super lean.  You need to add oil to the pan so it won't stick.
Browned in some herb olive oil with kale, onion, garlic, mushrooms and bell pepper.

 

As far as I know, you cannot buy moose in the grocery store.  The only way to get moose in town is from someone who hunts.

You can find the recipe for this creation here.


Is there any dish you've made in the past that you've been wanting to make again but haven't for whatever reason? 

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I would like to make this beef stew recipes that I tend to make in the fall and winter. I haven't made it yet for no reason whatsoever - maybe I will make it next weekend!