Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday Things

1)  Non-organic egg and organic egg ... on a date


We usually buy organic, but aren't about to run to a different store if they are out of organic eggs.  Note the much darker yolk on the organic egg.

2)  I was surprised with a belated birthday gift the other day from my buds Mel & Steve (who also happen to be Christopher's sister-in-law and brother).  These adorable erasers were part of the gift:


3)  This is the Cuban sandwich that I could barely make a dent in at Bushwakker this week.  I'll be back there again next week when we go to see a local band play.


4)  Speaking of local bands ... Christopher's band is playing next Saturday:


Come out on out and meet us .. or if you know us, come say hi!
9:00 at the German Club, $12 at the door - 3 bands.

5)  I made a bunch of cabbage rolls a while back and froze some of them.  I cooked them up in the slow cooker and they were great topped with sour cream and sriracha:


6)  My application for convocation is all filled out ... yay!


7)  A couple weeks ago we were at Dad's Organic Market looking for a vegetarian alternative to bacon.  They didn't have any, but they told us that some vegan coconut "bacon" had come in as a sample for the staff to try.  They had tried very little and told us that we could just take the rest, insisting that we have it for our recipe.


I love local business with great customer service.

This stuff is actually quite good, and tastes very "bacony."

8)  We went to see Carrie in the theatre and both loved it!


When we walked in to the theatre it was empty and we were hoping we'd be the only people in there, but then two teenagers had to come in and be obnoxious.  Luckily they quieted down for the movie.

9)  Yesterday we ate at a new place in town - Coney Island Cafe.  They have a large selection of burgers, fries, poutine, milkshakes, etc..  We shared a pistachio milkshake, the Elvis burger (with PB and bacon), and a calorie-free chili, cheese dog poutine


We were both impressed.  And full.  I'd be scared to see someone eat an entire meal like this on their own!


10)  I liked the poster on the wall in this restaurant:


Who doesn't love Sheldon!?

What are your Thursday things?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The difference in eggs is interesting! I occasionally buy organic eggs, but I should do it more often.

My Thursday was spent in St. Louis and then traveling back so was kind of a long day, but I was able to meet up with a friend for dinner the night before at a cute Greek place so that made the long day on Thursday worth it!