Friday, February 21, 2014

Tag

On Sunday evening we went out for a nice dinner to Tag.  We hadn't dressed up yet in Denver, as it's a pretty laid-back city, much like Regina.  We decided to dress nicely anyway, and were happy to see that many other diners did the same. 


Tag is really nice.  It was a fun, energetic dining experience, and from the first bite of food, we were very impressed.

The chef sent out an amuse bouche:


Our appetizers included crispy brussel sprouts, and smoked duroc pork belly with sweet potato gnocci, which was among the best things I've ever eaten.


Both of these appetizers we'd order again ... and again ...

We ordered one larger entree, and a sushi roll to share.  The matador roll was made with yellowfin ahi, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro & aioli.


The main dish was lemongrass petaluma chicken, with vegetable fried rice, shitake mushrooms, napa cabbage, jicama slaw, and curry sauce.


I really want to eat this dish again.  The slaw paired so perfectly with the chicken.

We had to order the banana cream pie for dessert, because it was voted best dessert in Denver!


It did not disappoint.

I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone dining in Denver.

What city are your from?  
If we were visiting your city, what restaurant(s) would you recommend?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that meal looks amazing! And it's always fun to get dressed up for a special meal. I love Chris's pink shirt!

I don't know the Charlotte restaurant scene, but if you came to Minneapolis, I'd tell you to go to 112 Eatery (http://www.112eatery.com/), Saffron (http://saffronmpls.com/), and for a really good but casual meal I'd take you to Brasa (http://www.brasa.us/) which is actually my favorite restaurant! So come to Minneapolis when I move back! :) I'd also take you around to some of the different food trucks that line the streets of downtown during the week.

Anonymous said...

You already know I'm from Saskatoon, but honestly, from what I'm seeing on your blog, I think I should be asking you for recommendations on where to eat here LOL. Now that we have kids, we rarely get to go anywhere good, and seem to hit BPs and Moxie's a lot. I do really like Bliss (on Broadway) and Truffles (downtown).