Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Saskatoon Weekend

We just happened to choose what ended up to be the coldest weekend of the winter (and the coldest we ever remember) to go on a road trip to Saskatoon.

We stayed with Kim & Errol, and had a nice visit.  On Friday night we visited over munchies:


Somehow I missed a picture of the pizza - but we had cheese/grape pizza as well.

We spent Saturday visiting with my mom, before heading back to Kim and Errol's for a later supper.  First up was seafood chowder:


This was followed by escargot mushroom caps:


And then roast beef, roasted potatoes, and beet/citrus/goat cheese salad.  The others spread blue cheese on their roast beef, but not me!  The beef was cooked to perfection:


I absolutely loved the salad.  Beets, citrus fruits and goat cheese are three of my favourite things.

After dinner we went bowling!


It was a laid back, fun weekend, which is just what we like.  We ate breakfast at Poached before heading home the next day.


What did you do on the weekend?  How is your week going so far?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that food looks amazing, especially the beet salad! I love beets so would love that.

I spent my weekend in Minneapolis so it was a great weekend. I ate out at a couple of my favorite places (both of which are Mexican restaurants), helped Phil, settle in, and did a bunch of networking.