Friday, August 29, 2014

Easy Creamy Celery Soup

I think I could eat soup for every meal.  I love it.  This soup is an easy, healthy soup, that is loaded with vegetables.


Easy Creamy Celery Soup 


1 stick unsalted butter
1 regular sized package of celery, trimmed, and chopped
2 large white potatoes, finely diced
1 yellow onion, finely diced
salt and pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh dill, or about 2 T freeze dried, or 1 T dried

Optional: Top with the celery leaves, sour cream, kosher salt

Heat the butter in a large pot on medium.  Once melted, add the celery, potatoes and onion.  Cook on medium for about 10 minutes until the onion is softened.  Add the chicken broth and milk.  Cook on low until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).  Add dill.  Add salt (to taste) and some pepper.  Add a bit more salt.  Puree in a blender.  Put back in pot on low and check seasoning again.  Serve with the optional toppings if desired.


If you are a soup lover like me, give this a try!


What is your favourite kind of soup to make?  
Have you ever had a celery soup?

2 comments:

Melody Modderman-Smith said...

I didn't realize we shared the same love of soup. I see some soup parties in our future.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum. That looks so good and I love that it's such an easy recipe. I, too, am a soup lover and eat soup year round. I think my favorite soup is probably potato soup!