Thursday, October 30, 2014

The New Pickle is a Bean

I've eaten green beans prepared a lot of different ways, but my favourite would have to be pickled; to be specific, Matt & Steve's The Extreme Bean pickled beans.


Matt & Steve's was founded in 2000 by college roommates.  The products are made with nothing artificial, and all the ingredients are recognizable things, you likely have in your fridge or cupboard:


When the people at Matt & Steve's sent me some of these to try, we busted into the Garlic & Dill ones right away.  I'm not going to lie - they're gone.  I couldn't photograph them because we ate them up too quickly. 


The other bean flavours are Hot & Spicy, and Sweet & Savoury.  They have a really bold flavour, and a lot of crunch, which is really appealing.  These are not soggy green beans!


They would be great as a burger garnish, wrapped in prosciutto, or paired with a sharp cheddar cheese.  Of course, they are also delicious on their own, or as a drink garnish.

My favourite of the products I tried are the B'n Olives.  These are ridiculous; so garlicky, and some of the best olives I've ever had.  They are perfect for a grown up drink garnish.


Also perfect for a grown up drink garnish is the caesar rimmer - yum!


We plan to use the rest of the beans to make different fun hors d'oeuvres ... if we don't devour them all straight out of the jar first ... standing by the fridge ....  Okay, that might have happened. 

If you want to try Matt & Steve's products for yourself, check out their website here.

Do you like pickled products?  

* Full disclosure:  These products were provided to me at no cost for review consideration.  All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

YUM! I love pickles. So much. And I even drink the pickle juice which I know is disgusting but my sister does it as well so it runs in the family! My mom just sent me a recipe for a soup that is made with pickles and some pickle juice - it sounds weird but good so I want to try making that this month! Here is the link to the recipe in case you are curious! http://noblepig.com/2013/03/dill-pickle-soup/