Saturday, January 24, 2015

Currently

Reading -  I had a Chapters gift card, and got this book recently:


A.J. Jacobs is a great author.  His book The Know it All is one of my favourite books.  I have yet to start this new book, but Christopher has started it.  I'm also reading both the 3rd and 4th book in The Giver series at work (the third I've read before, but I'm reading it aloud now).  I mostly read non-fiction, but I'd really like to read a great adult fiction book soon.

Loving -  That it is raining.  In January.  In Saskatchewan.  This is crazy.


Thinking -  About how fortunate we really are ... to live in Canada ... to have good jobs ... etc..  According to the Global Rich List, I myself am in the top O.44% of the richest people in the world.  It really puts things into perspective.  Give it a try - just go to the website and enter your yearly income after deductions - you'll be surprised!  We really have so much to be thankful for. 

Frustrated -  That every Saturday morning I seem to wake up around 4:00 a.m., and am not able to fall back asleep, yet during the week I could sleep in forever, but can't.  Haha, figures! 

Feeling -  So, so happy.  Every day. 

Anticipating -  A great Saturday!  Christopher is getting poked with needles this afternoon, while I get a pedicure.  The rest of the day we're spending inside cooking, playing music, and just hanging out.  It should be a wonderful day and evening.


WatchingLost.  We're totally hooked on this show.  We both like Sayid the best.  Sayer is awesome too.  We cannot stand Jack and Kate. 

Sad -  That our nephew will be eight very soon.  I don't know how this happened.  I miss the toddler years so much.  He's a pretty darn cute, and amazing seven year old though. 

Working - Fifteen more days until we're on holidays for a week!

Grateful -  That we have sheets that fit our bed - finally.  For years we've had sheets that were very difficult to put on the mattress (I think a double sheet was mistakenly labelled as a queen).  It took both of us to get the fitted sheet on.  We aren't huge fans of shopping, or buying things, so it took three years to finally get new sheets.  We bought a pillow-top mattress cover and some gorgeous plum coloured sheets the other day, and I'm loving them!



Don't mind the wrinkles!  I would never waste time ironing sheets.

Listening -  We've listened to a lot of discs this morning already, including The Cranberries Roses disc, and Madonna's The Immaculate Collection

Wishing -  That there were leftovers from the food we ordered in last night. 


We are planning on cooking and eating some pretty great things this afternoon and evening though.

What are you reading?  Loving?  Anticipating?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that chinese food looks sooo good! I am reading a book called "The Book of Unknown Americans" which is a novel about two immigrant families. I just started it but it's really good so far! I'm loving the mild weather we've had lately but I do wish we would get more snow so I could go cross country skiing! And I'm anticipating our trip to Santa Barbara in <3 weeks!

Anonymous said...

I'm currently reading Daring Greatly and ordered Orphan Train the other day. I love the plus temps, but could have done without the freezing rain the other night. I am anticipating my daughter's 9th birthday and the red velvet cake I'm making :)