Friday, January 9, 2015

Five on Friday

1)  We found some Montreal smoked meat at our corner grocery store.  In addition to the smoked meat poutine that we had the other day, we also had to have smoked meat sandwiches, loaded with mustard.


On the side ... perfect homemade fries.


2)  We are absolutely hooked on pho.  I'm a soup fanatic as it is, but this stuff is just over. the. top.  We are totally making homemade pho soon.

3)  My sweetheart makes the best breakfasts.


4)  But, when he's gone to work super early during the week, I'm on my own to make breakfast.  This week, I've been on the oatmeal (with toppings of course).


5)  Last night we had meatballs and spiced, veggie quinoa for dinner; it was sooooo good! 


What are your Friday things?
What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that breakfast that Christopher made looks amazing!! That is my kind of breakfast!

I had a busy Friday as after work I went to a HH where I saw a bunch of people that I hadn't seen in 3+ years and then after that we went to Phil's friend's house for a monthly cocktail hour (which is really a cocktail evening) that they host each month. But by the time we got there I was so exhausted that I had a hard time not yawning! But I slept like a baby last night as a result of feeling so tired so that was wonderful.

Today I am going cross country skiing and then tonight we are going bowling with friends to celebrate a birthday in the group. It should be fun!