Thursday, April 23, 2015

Grapefruities

I've done a lot of baking this week.  In addition to four loaves of bread (for our breakfasts), I also baked some double chocolate cookies.


You can find the recipe here

I also baked grapefruities, which are similar in style to brownies, but are grapefruit flavour instead of chocolate.


Grapefruities

1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
zest of one grapefruit
3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
3 T grapefruit juice (squeezed from the zested grapefruit)
1 tsp vanilla

Glaze

1 cup icing sugar
2-3 T grapefruit juice
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.  Mix the sugar, flour, salt, b. powder, and zest.  Add the butter, grapefruit juice, eggs and vanilla.  Pour into baking pan & bake 20 minutes.  Cool.  Mix up the glaze ingredients (adding the grapefruit juice a little at a time until the icing is pourable).  Pour the icing over the grapefruities, and put them in the fridge for the icing to set.  Cut into squares to serve.


Have you done any baking recently?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those double chocolate cookies look so good! I've never heard of grapefruities before, but I'm interested in the flavor! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I've never heard of grapefruities before! I bet they would be good! I have barely baked lately. I did make some brownies to bring to a dinner at a friend's house last weekend but I felt kind of bad bringing something made from a box mix... but I needed something fast and they said they were really good. Tonight we are getting take out BBQ, though, and I am planning to make apple crisp for dessert!