Friday, July 24, 2015

Since We've Been Home: Part 2

We've eaten really well in the past week!  We had all of these delicious things, plus ...

We made perfect, homemade pho soup.  We started by roasting beef bones for about an hour, adding some onion and ginger to roast for the last half hour or so.


We threw all of that in a stock pot with water, fish sauce, brown sugar, and some glorious spices, and let it do it's thing for a few hours.


Once we strained the broth, we added some very thinly sliced onion, fresh ginger, and rice noodles to the pot.  When the noodles were cooked, in went very thinly sliced beef, salt and pepper.

Then came the garnishes ...


Fresh Thai basil, lime, bean sprouts, and sriracha.


So comforting.  So delicious.

 

Speaking of comforting, I also made an apple pie for my sweetheart.

 
Another yummy dish we made this week was a tofu, veggie rice bowl with peanut sauce.


What a week of good eats!  I'm excited for what we'll make next week.

Happy Friday!  How was your week? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jolene! Those dishes are beautiful...thy should be in a magazine!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! Everything looks so good - especially the Pho. That was sweet of you to make a pie for your sweetheart - and it looks delicious!!

My week was great. My first week at my job went really well. I'm kind of exhausted between the mental exhaustion of starting a new job and the physical exhaustion that goes along with marathon/triathlon training, though, so hopefully tomorrow I will have time to just lay around for the afternoon.