Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Feeling Festive

We had the best weekend!  On Friday evening we went out to grab a few groceries for the weekend - snacky, fun things.  When we got home we ordered Vietnamese food from Little Saigon.  Their spicy beef soup (#41 for local peeps) is my new favourite take-out soup.  We crashed really early, as we usually do on Friday evenings. 

On Saturday morning we were up early.  We had leftover Vietnamese food for breakfast.  Yep.  Haha!  Then we put on Christmas music, straightened the house a bit, and then set up all of our Christmas decorations.  We weren't going to put up the tree, since we won't be home for Christmas, but ended up changing our minds. 


Christopher made peppermint mochas, which we sipped while decorating.  We wrapped gifts, and snacked, and were silly and festive all day long.  It was so much fun!


We watched Christmas movies, and crashed early again.

On Sunday we had another lazy, snugly, Christmasy day.  We watched many Christmas movies, ate snacks, drank more peppermint mochas, and had another day where we didn't leave the house.


We really like this parmesan salami we grabbed at Costco on Friday.  It was great with cheese and crackers.


Other fun new products ...

I got a surprise package in the mail a while back from the people at Cliff Bar.  They had some new flavours they wanted me to try.  They even "blinged" the bars out - haha!


Like any other Cliff Bar I've tried, these did not disappoint.  They taste just like the name suggests.  Also, I love their ingredient list - things I recognize, and feel good about consuming.  These are perfect to pop in my purse for fuel while powering through Christmas shopping.

Another snack with an ingredient list I feel good about, are the new Coconut Chips from Prana


I got a package of these in the mail a while back to test out (thank you Prana!).  If you've got a coconut lover in your household, give these a try.  They come in different flavours, like Spicy Chili, Sea Salt and Vineger, BBQ, and Original.


There is one ingredient in the original Prana Coconut Chips:  Organic Coconut.  It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Now we're stocked with snacks for the holiday season! 

Speaking of snacks ...

Last night we had cheese fondue for dinner.


If anything, Mondays should be tasty.


How was your weekend?
What did you do?

(The Cliff Bars and Prana Coconut Chips were provided to me free of charge for consideration.  All opinions are my own).

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Your low key weekend in sounds so great. I could use a weekend day like that where we do not leave the house. Maybe we can try to do that on Sunday!

My mom is LOVES coconut so she would love those Prana snacks - I should see if I can find them here!

Last weekend was a fun weekend for us but not all that relaxing... On Friday we brought dinner to our friends that had a baby in November and made some coffee mug cakes that you make in the microwave which were awesome! On Saturday I went to a friend's dad's visitation in the afternoon :( and then we went to a wedding that evening. Sunday I met up with a friend for a run and coffee and did some wrapping and tidying up around the house!