Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Eve

Happy New Year!

I've been doing a bit of baking lately.  On the 30th, I made some pumpkin spice cupcakes, with salted caramel buttercream.  These look like muffins until they are iced, but they are definitely cupcakes, and the moistest ones around!


Then yesterday I made some pumpkin gingerbread loaves for the freezer.  I'll just thaw them in a week or two, cover them with spiced buttercream, and they'll be a perfect treat for Christopher.


To end off 2015, Christopher took me for lunch yesterday to Life is Good, a Korean restaurant in town.  We've given this place a couple of chances, but we think Korea House is better.


We never go out on New Years Eve ... instead, we plan a delicious meal for at home, and usually fall asleep before midnight.  Last night was no exception.  We made a garlicky, bacony, pasta, and had that with some bread, olive oil and balsamic.


After dinner we played a couple games, including Scattegories, and PictionaryPictionary is not designed for two people, but we invented our own rules, and had a blast.  After the games, we moved to the couch, where we tried to stay up until midnight, but accidentally fell asleep around 11:30 p.m..

What did you get up to last night?
Did you stay up to ring in the new year?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep...quiet nights at home on New Years are da bomb. We forgot to countdown until 12:05 lol we were apparently very into our Netflix show.

Amber said...

That sounds like a pretty perfect NYE to me! We snowboarded all day so we were sooo exhausted and in bed by 11pm. I think making a nice fancy dinner at home for NYE would be really nice.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That sounds like a perfect NYE to me! We had some friends over but we all struggled to stay awake until midnight. I was falling asleep on the couch before 11 so I was in favor of celebrating the east coast New Year but we decided to make it until central time new year. Staying up late is not my forte!