Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Weekend and Things

We had a wonderful weekend in Saskatoon, with a lot of visiting, and some good eats too!  On Friday night we had dinner at Las Palapas.  I had the chicken pozole soup, which I'd definitely order again.


On Saturday morning we ate breakfast in our hotel and then spent the morning with my mom.


We had a quick lunch at Izumi, and then went back to my mom's home for the afternoon.


For dinner we went down to the hotel restaurant and shared a few small plates and a salad.


The next morning we went to Scarlet (in a different hotel) for breakfast before heading back to my mom's place.


When we got home on Sunday evening we made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.


Last night's dinner was dak galbi (sort of a Korean stir fry).


For dessert I made a big pan of apple crisp.


Tonight we had a tofu, veggie stir fry, with freshly made carrot, melon, celery, grapefruit, and bell pepper juice.

  

Breakfast the last couple of days has been avocado (seasoned with salt and pepper) spread on olive bread, and some golden melon.


How was your weekend?  What did you do?  
What have you been cooking lately?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, all of that food looks so good! And that juice sounds so good, too. I would love a juicer but I don't think I need to hold off on buying any kitchen gadgets for awhile.

Last weekend we stayed in as we had no plans, which was nice! We had leftovers on Friday and on Saturday I made a thai beef stew in the crockpot which was so good. We ate it over cauliflower rice!