Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weekend Away

On Friday when Christopher was off of work, we hit the road to Saskatoon.  Once we arrived, we met up with my half sister Kim for a little Mexican dinner at Las Palapas

I had the chicken pozole soup.


After dinner we checked in to our hotel and crashed right away.


On Saturday morning we grabbed breakfast at The Underground Cafe.


My cinnamon-bun waffle was really good.  I definitely didn't need the syrup though; it was sweet enough without it.

After breakfast we went to see my mom, and spent the day with her.  We didn't have lunch, but grabbed dinner around 5:00 at The Odd Couple.  We hadn't been before, but had heard good things.  It's gorgeous inside!


We shared the crab rangoons to start:


We then shared the szechuan peppercorn, spicy chili tofu and maple Thai basil pork ribs:


Everything was awesome; we'd definitely go back to this place again.

Right after dinner we headed back to the hotel to lounge around in our room for the evening.  We were visiting, laughing, and carrying on, and ended up staying up late.  We started getting hungry again by about 11:00 p.m., so we ordered a plate of our favourite spaghetti and a piece of peanut butter pretzel cheesecake up to the room (it's amazing).


The best kind of Saturday night!

This morning we grabbed breakfast at Grainfields and then spent the day with my mom again. 


Then this evening we were on the road home after our weekend away.

 
How was your weekend?
What did you do?  Any fun plans for the week?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend visiting your mom. I am sure she loves seeing you guys! Looks like you had lots of good eats! That Odd Couple restaurant looks so cute and the food sounded so good!

My weekend was great as it was a good mix of time with friends and downtime. This week is busy as I had a haircut last night, I volunteer tonight, and then I head to Chicago for work on Wednesday and come back on Friday night! The last couple of weeks have been so busy and I know the next couple will be busy, too... hopefully things slow down in the second half of August!