Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Things

The ghost pepper, cilantro sauce that Christopher made last weekend is already long gone.  We bought some more cilantro today, so we could make another batch.  We both devoured it on pretty much everything we ate all week.  It really isn't too hot; I'd say sriracha is hotter.

Monday was a holiday, and we enjoyed a cozy day at home, with spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.


On Tuesday we had a big warm salad, and also snacked on some of these cute little guys:


They look like baby watermelons, but they're actually little cucumbers - cute!  We picked them up at the Farmers' market along with some adorable little carrots.  The cucumbers are quite sour though, and not very good.  I don't think we'll buy them again.

Other recent eats include pizza:


And dak galbi:


Tonight we made bee bim bop (we're feeling Korean these days).


We had a wonderful weekend, and now we have a busy, fun week ahead.

How was your weekend? 
Have you ever tried those miniature cucumbers?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never seen those little cucumbers. I'll stay away from them if I do as sour cucumbers don't sound good! Spaghetti with meatballs looks so good and comforting! I need to make something like this now that I have so many jars of marinara that I need to get through!

My weekend was busy but fun. We had dinner plans with friend Friday and Saturday night and had a friend over for dinner on Sunday. Yesterday I went to the farmers market with a friend and then we went for a walk on a hiking trail at a local park with her little 10 month old. The weather was gorgeous so it was great to soak up some sun!

Yelena said...

How fun! Everything looks delicious as always. Hope all is well in your world :)