Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Weekend Things

On Saturday morning we had veggie-loaded omelets, bacon and kale/banana smoothies before heading to the farmers' market downtown.


In the afternoon Christopher whipped up some more of his amazing ghost pepper cilantro sauce, and a big batch of homemade salsa.  We're now officially hooked on both.


The rest of the day was spent watching movies, playing Scrabble, hanging out, and snacking:


We BBQd chicken for supper and made tacos, with salad on the side.


Sunday's breakfast included buttermilk pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs.


We tested out the homemade salsa with nachos for lunch.


They were topped with green and black olives (I think nachos are best with both types, and when they are strategically placed so that each chip has a few), red onion, and two types of cheese.  We sprinkled cilantro over them when they came out of the oven.


Dinner was just leftovers and snacky stuff, but we did throw together a batch of pork noodles for our lunches to start the work-week out right.


How was your weekend?  What did you do? 
Have you ever made salsa?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, all of that food looks awesome. The nachos look especially good as that is my kind of snack. I like that you put olives on each chip. Phil and I love olives so we'd love a plate of your nachos! :)

Last weekend was really busy but fun. I got a lot done and we saw several different groups of friends. I didn't do much cooking besides an apple pie oatmeal and a thai stew in the crockpot, though.

I have made salsa many times and this summer I canned it for the first time ever! I have another batch of tomatoes that I just picked and I am thinking about making them into salsa to gift to family during the holiday season!