Thursday, November 17, 2016

Weekend Things Part 3

Now that the week is almost over (already!?), I'm almost done posting about the long weekend - ha!  We had such a nice, relaxing long weekend at home, and cooked a lot of new dishes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

On Sunday morning we roasted some plums, and used them in a quinoa bowl.  We cooked 1/2 cup quinoa with 3/4 cup light coconut milk, 1/3 cup water, 2 tsp vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg.  We topped the warm quinoa with the roasted plums, some slivered almonds, chocolate chips, and toasted coconut.


For dinner we made lamb korma, and after simmering it for a long while, the smell in the house was incredible, and the pieces of lamb just fell apart.  We used a lamb leg that we just cut into stew-like chunks.


It was lovely served over basmati rice, and garnished with mint.


The leftovers the next day were even better, as these types of dishes tend to be.  I think we could live on Indian food.  And Korean food.  And Mexican.  Okay, give us all the food!

And just like that, it's almost the weekend again ...

Any fun plans for this weekend?
Do you ever cook lamb?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That lamb dish looks amazing. I know what you mean about those dishes tasting even better the next day! I cooked with lamb for the first time this fall when I made lamb kofta. A friend recommended the recipe to me and it was really good. Phil love lamb biryani. He typically gets that when we go out for Indian food (which we haven't done in the longest time!!)

I had a fun weekend ahead of me. Tonight I'm going to a musical with some girlfriends, tomorrow I'm going shopping with my SIL for the gifts for the family we are sponsoring for Christmas, and then on Sunday, Phil and I are going to a Vikings game with my colleague at work. My colleague won tickets at a charity auction and he invited Phil and I to join his family, which was super nice of him! Should be fun!