Sunday, December 4, 2016

Weekend Things

Friday was a day of eating at restaurants.  Lunch was at Rock Creek, where I had the shrimp tacos, with potato soup on the side.  I couldn't finish it all, but it was good.


In the evening we went out for my work Christmas party.  Dinner was at Birmingham's, where I had the taco salad, and Christopher had a veggie burger with salad.



I made the mistake of ordering this taco salad, forgetting that I had it last year and didn't like it.  Oh well - hopefully I'll remember not to get it if we ever go back again.

This weekend we cooked up some good eats ...


But mostly I did a lot of baking with a handsome helper/ supervisor/ taste-taster:


And if the wonderful aroma of Christmas baking wasn't enough, we also had a turkey/chicken stock simmering away on the stove all day today.  We had frozen the bones from both the turkey and the chicken we made recently, and used those along with carrot, celery, onion, and various aromatics to make the stock, which we'll use for soup tomorrow evening.


We got a lot of gift wrapping done today too, so it was a productive (and fun) weekend.

How was your weekend?  What did you do?  Have you baked any Christmas goodies?  Are you planning to?  Have you gone to any holiday parties?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, you got a ton of holiday baking done! I don't do much as I don't like having sweets around (such little self-control!) and no one really wants to eat GF treats unless they have to, so I can't really share them either. But this year I am going to try America's Test Kitchen's recipe for GF sugar cookies. I host a gingerbread/cookie decorating party this year so I want to have cookies I can enjoy. Hopefully they turn out so my friends will take some home with them!

I have 4 holiday parties this year, 3 of which are this week! Last night I had my company holiday party, tomorrow night I am going to the Chicago one (that's where my company is HQ'd) and then on Saturday I'm going to Phil's party. Then the week of Christmas, I have a department christmas party. Kind of crazy that I have 3 parties to go to but oh well! They are fun!