Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

We spent this past weekend having our Christmas visit with my mom in Saskatoon.  When we left on Friday it was freezing cold, and already getting dark.  By the time we got to Saskatoon we were so tired, hungry, and chilled to the bone.  We warmed up with some soup at Summer Roll, a Thai restaurant, and then headed to our hotel room to crash for the night.


On Saturday morning we grabbed a quick breakfast before spending the day with my mom.

 
For dinner we enjoyed sushi at Sushiro:


We picked up cheesecake for dessert (from D'Lish by Tish), and then headed back to our room for a cozy evening. 


On Sunday morning we were up bright and early.  We grabbed a breakfast to-go, while running errands for my mom, and getting her breakfast.  We spent the morning and afternoon with her, and then headed out on the road home.

Christopher's parents invited us to swing by for dinner on our way back into town.  We visited by a warm fire in the basement and had a couple snacks before heading upstairs for dinner.


We had pork roast, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower, and asparagus


There were cream puffs for dessert, but I was all over the pork crackling!!! 


This stuff is beyond amazingIt just might be my new favourite food.  Christopher's dad knows what's good ... and it's crackling.

Breakfasts these days have been oatmeal with chunky PB, pomegranate, and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.


I've also been having a lot of smoothies with coconut water, banana, frozen organic cherries, and a splash of vanilla.

We've snacked on these Chalet Sauce chips recently:


If you're Canadian, you'll know that Chalet sauce is the delicious chicken sauce from Swiss Chalet.  Some people love it, and others hate it.  I love it.

On Monday evening we made a sausage kale soup for dinner.


On Tuesday evening I had to work really late.  Christopher had a lovely dinner ready for when I got home.


Today is my last day of work for 2016, and I am pumped!  I have quite a bit to get done in the next couple days in order to be ready for an early Christmas with my family on Friday, and the rest of our Christmas celebrations this weekend.

We had an easy dinner tonight including rice, Greek salad, and stuffed chicken breasts from Costco.


The weather is actually really nice now, so I'm excited to go out on the town tomorrow and get some last minute supplies for Christmas.

Are you ready for Christmas?  When/ where are you celebrating?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, all of these meals look so good! We have not been doing much cooking lately as I've had so many evening commitments! I don't see it getting much better in january as I already have 3 work trips and potentially one more. Womp womp.

I have all my gifts bought but I cut back on gifts this year to simplify! We go to my parents on Friday and stay until Christmas morning and then we head to Phil's mom's on Christmas day and stay there until Monday. I can't wait to see both of our families!

Enjoy your day on the town today! The weather has been nice and mild here, too!