Thursday, February 9, 2017

Over It

I am SO over winter.  This week has been absolutely frigid, with buses cancelled for the third time this year.  I am also over the darkness.  It's dark when I'm eating breakfast, and dark when eating supper.  We've been less motivated to cook than usual, and mostly just want to snuggle up on the couch and do absolutely nothing.  Even getting groceries, which we normally enjoy, has become a chore, just because it's soooo cold.  I swear we were not intended for this climate.

Breakfasts have been very simple, either smoothies, yogurt bowls, or oatmeal.


Lunches have been leftovers, and for dinner we've been craving warming, spicy meals.  We shared a giant plate of borscht perogies for dinner one evening recently.


We had pork, bok choy noodles last night:


Loaded up with sriracha:


Tonight we made dak galbi:


How's your week going?  Are you as cold as we are?

2 comments:

Dione said...

I am in Edmonton, so yes, we have been just as cold as you! I've been on nights since Monday and no fun trudging out in the cold to go to work! At least it's finally warming up and will head your way too. I actually think the length of days is perfect right about now...I'm an early to bed early to rise person naturally, so I like when it gets dark no later than 7pm and rises around 7. Not a fan of the super long days of summer when the sun barely sets!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Our winter hasn't been as bad as yours, but I'm still over it. if it wasn't for our families being here, I think we'd move to a more mild climate! I love Minneapolis from May-November, but the winter is soooo brutal! We always try to go away in February to help us stay sane. We were in San Diego this weekend and while the weather wasn't as nice as we had hoped, it was still wonderful to get away!!

We have mild weather this week and I hope you are getting it as well!