Monday, May 1, 2017

Back Home

We've been home from NY for just over a week.  We had a terrifying ride to the JFK airport, with the worst cab driver of life.  He had to slam on the brakes on the highway multiple times due to following way too close, at crazy speeds, and had me afraid for my life, and Christopher trying not to be sick.  It was absolutely brutal.

We had a late lunch in the airport:


And then ate a late dinner in the Toronto airport at Freshii:


This was our first time eating at a Freshii, but we weren't overly fond of it.  We had frozen yogurt for dessert.


We got home quite late on the Saturday night, and slept for a long while.  Once up on Sunday morning we managed to throw together a pretty decent breakfast, for having a nearly empty fridge:


Then we hit the grocery store to re-stock for the week.  On Sunday evening we made salmon with brown rice, and a red Thai curry broth.  We couldn't find red Thai curry paste, so Christopher made his own.


It was nice to have a home-cooked dinner after many days of eating at restaurants. 


We were both so excited to be back in the kitchen, and had a lot of delicious dinners planned for the week - more on that in the next post.

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That cab ride sounds awful! I have had a couple of those when flying in and out of Laguardia. It's an awful feeling!! We have Freshii here in Minneapolis and I am also not a big fan. I think it's way over-priced, too.

I am sure it feels so good to be back in your kitchen!! We had a great weekend last week. I took it pretty easy as I was still struggling with my RA flare. We went out for a special date night on Friday night, on Saturday I ran errands and got stuff done around the house and then on Sunday I went to a friend's house to get some help on making out seating cards for the wedding and then I went to visit a friend who is expecting twins in June! They have a little boy turning 2 in June so life will be crazy for them! I treated them to dinner ordered in and had a great time catching up!