Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Ten on Tuesday

1)  I made a pie on the weekend, as I know that pie is one of Christopher's favourite desserts.  Caramel and banana cream pie:


Perfect for hungry husbands.  You can find the recipe here.

2)  He worked a bit of overtime on Saturday morning, so we didn't have a sit-down breakfast, but he made this lovely breakfast on Sunday:


3)  Pomegranates aren't in season anymore, so we were happily surprised when we saw some at the grocery store the other day.  My breakfast yesterday:


4)  Have you ever had bacon-wrapped scallops?  Water chestnuts?  What about brussels sprouts?


We tried some brussels wrapped in bacon, and they were great!  We used 1/2 piece of bacon for each, and roasted them for about 30-45 minutes at 350 F.

5)  Yesterday we BBQd pork meatballs, and then whipped up a chimichurri sauce to pour over top of them.  We made Greek pasta salad, and a beet/ radish mixture to have on the side.


6)  The meatballs were an extension of our BBQ weekend.  We grilled pretty much everything we ate on the weekend, including this rib dinner on Saturday night:


One of the only things we didn't grill was this tray of nachos:


7)  I made a creamy spaghetti carbonara for dinner this evening.


I just made it up as I went along, as I usually do with pastas.  Some garlic, some cream, cheese, herbs, bacon, love ...

8)  I have an easy appetizer recipe for you!


Just spread prosciutto with herb and garlic cream cheese.  Wrap this around raw asparagus spears.  Grill on low until it looks tasty, or toss in a 350 F oven for about 30 minutes.


9)  Christopher's band Lunar Lander Dance Commander's debut EP is out!  They are having the CD release party this weekend, which will be a great time.  Until then, I'm pretty pumped to spin this in my car:


The CD has five songs, as well as a dance remix of one of the songs. 

10)  Creative outlets are a wonderful thing.  My brother-in-law Steve (Christopher's brother) recently started a blog ... not about food like me ... but about vaping!  Although I've never vaped, and know nothing about it, I really enjoy reading his posts.  He had smoked for many years, but vaping helped him quit, and I think it's cool that he found a niche in the blogging world where he can share reviews, etc. with others.  If you vape, or know someone who might be interested, you can check out his blog here.

How is your week going so far?  Have you ever had bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts?  Do you have a blog?  If so, what do you write about?  If not, have you ever considered starting one about something you're interested in?  What are you grilling these days?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

All of this food looks amazing!! Yum! I need to try that asparagus recipe some time - looks awesome! I haven't have bacon wrapped brussel sprouts but that sounds like the perfect combination!!

Amber said...

Both that pie and those prosciutto wrapped asparagus look AMAZING. It's 9:30am here and I JUST ate breakfast, but I still feel hungry looking at those pictures!!