Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Wednesday already!?  I have two more days of work left this week, and then I'm off for two months!  It's hard to believe that it's that time again, but I am looking forward to things slowing down a bit, and having a lot of extra time in the kitchen and backyard.

Rewinding to last Wednesday, we had homemade subs for dinner.  We loaded them up with lettuce, tomato, red onion, banana peppers, green olives, Hungarian salami, spicy ham, cheese, and condiments.


On Thursday we made tilapia, spicy potato salad, and brussels sprouts.


After work on Friday we picked up groceries, and then got dressed up and went downtown.  We enjoyed dinner at Beer Bros., where we shared a pizza, and two appetizers.


Then we headed to the Globe Theatre to see the live production of The Little Mermaid, which was incredible!

On Saturday morning we were up bright and early to drive to Saskatoon.  We spent the day with my mom, and then had an Indian dinner at Spicy Time before retiring to our hotel room.


We had an early breakfast the next morning, and then spent another few hours with my mom before hitting the highway home.


Once we were back in town we went straight to our friends' home for their daughter's 2nd birthday party.


It was a beautiful day to sit out in their backyard and visit with our friends.  We had a delicious dinner:


And cake too:


It was a fun evening!

On Monday we cooked up spaghetti with meat sauce:


I was at work last night until close to 8:00 p.m., and Christopher's band was practicing, so once home we just had veggies and dip, olive tapenade, crackers, and smoked oysters for dinner.

Tonight's dinner was pita pizzas.

What have you been cooking?  Eating?  How was your weekend? 

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

We have been busy this week so I have not cooked since Saturday! But on Saturday I made shrimp foil packets with peppers and onions on the grill, asparagus on the grill and a corn & basil rice dish which was really good! Since then we've been eating leftovers and other random things for dinner. We are heading out of town this weekend, so my meal planning has been focused on what I'm bringing to our family get together tomorrow. I made carmelita bars (soooo good), and I'll make a beef & corn queso dip and my corn and bean salsa which is something I bring to nearly every get together we go to!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an action packed day! You sure live a life of food, fun and adventure. I'm so envious.

As a stay at home mom of two, I don't get to eat out so much, but as a lover of food, I think we eat well. I love to eat and therefore like to cook. After many years of wanting to start a food blog, I never found the time or energy. However, I just started a food Instagram, so please take a look if you would like to see what I've been eating.

yeg_homecook

Thanks and keep on sharing your food adventures with us!

A Long Time Reader