Sunday, October 15, 2017

Our Weekend

We're feelin' all things Fall lately.  It looks very Autumn-y outside, but sure doesn't feel it.  We are supposed to get up to +22 C this week! 

Yesterday morning we made pumpkin pancakes, with bacon.


Later on in the day we shared a smoked meat poutine.


We had a super fun evening last night ... more on that in another post ;-)

This morning we were up early and done eating breakfast by about 8:00 a.m.  Christopher made one of my favourites, a pico de gallo omelette with truffle potatoes


This was a perfect birthday breakfast.  He had offered to take me out or to cook breakfast and dinner, whichever I preferred, and I chose to stay in (I know my hermit husband didn't mind that one bit).  Home cooking is better than restaurant food anyway.

After a little snack and TV, we did leave the house for a bit.  We went out to the theater to see The Mountain Between Us.


I turned 35 today, and it was a wonderful day spent with my favourite person.  Christopher spoiled me with breakfast, presents, an afternoon movie date, and he made one of my favourite dinners (bee bim bop) to top it all off.  I'm a lucky wife!

We'll be seeing some family this week, and celebrating Christopher's birthday, so there is a lot going on in the next few days.

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It's always great when your birthday falls on a weekend and you can enjoy the whole day with the one you love! Your birthday sounds perfect! I would opt to stay in as well if Phil was a cook, but he isn't... so we either go out or order delivery! This past year it was on a Monday so we stayed in and got Indian food which was delicious!

Our weekend was fun! We hosted another couple on Friday night. I made Mexican food (which is my go to cuisine for guests) and then we played a game called "Passcodes" which we really love. It really makes you think!! Sunday was pretty low key. Phil went to his mom's and brought Oscar there for 2 weeks as we are getting some painting done on Friday and go on vacation the following Wednesday. I ran errands, made cilantro lime rice to go with my Mexican leftovers so I can have burrito bowls this week and I made some energy balls too (made out of toasted coconut, choc chips, oatmeal, ground flax seed, chia seeds, vanilla and agave - they are pretty tasty!). And then I had my run club's annual party. It was a little hard to see everyone and answer questions about my running (it's non-existent due to my RA) but it was still good to see everyone and enjoy some yummy pizza. They are always good about having several GF ones!