Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Weekend Recap

On Friday evening Christopher's brother and his wife took us out for a belated birthday dinner.  We went for all-you-can-eat sushi to Miso Ya.


Christopher and Steve are the two funniest people I've ever met in my life, so we had loads of laughs at dinner, and a wonderful time catching up.

The next morning we were up pretty early, got ready, and then stopped for a quick breakfast at Subway.


After our breakfast subs, we grabbed coffees to-go from Naked Bean, and hit the highway to Saskatoon to spend time with my mom.


My sister, Riley, and our new nephew were also in Saskatoon this past weekend.  We visited with them too, snuggled our nephew, and also went out for a late dinner with them on Saturday evening.

For dinner we met up at Number 1 Noodle House.


Their wonton soup is so good, as is the five-spice beef soup with hand-cut noodles.


Christopher had a soup with pork and pickled cabbage; it was great!


Once back at the hotel it was straight to bed for us, as we had an early morning ahead.

On Sunday morning after breakfast, we spent more time with my mom, and my sister et al. too.


It was quite a busy weekend with a lot of visiting, which was really fun, but we were wiped by the time we got home on Sunday.

After getting groceries, dinner was a big salad topped with chicken.


How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That's great that you also got to see your sister and new nephew when visiting your mom! Baby cuddles are always a great thing! The soups you had look SO good! It's definitely soup weather here! (and where you are too as I imagine y you have snow in addition to this cold weather!)

Our weekend was really low key last weekend. We went over to another couple's house on Friday. They ordered pizza and we taught them how to play our new favorite game - Codenames. It's a great game to play with another couple. We were supposed to play cards with another couple on Sat but they canceled as one of them was sick. So we just laid low which was nice. I made chicken wild rice soup, which is Phil's favorite soup. I didn't leave the house at all on Sunday which was wonderful! I've been so tired lately between pregnancy and my RA flares so I needed a quiet weekend!