Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday Snacking

After a fun Christmas party out on Friday evening, we were all set for a quiet, relaxing weekend at home.


Other than Christopher making a couple of breakfasts (scrambled eggs, bacon, and truffle potatoes Saturday, and an omelet on Sunday), we didn't plan any other meals for the weekend.


We watched Christmas movies and TV, wrapped gifts, listened to Christmas music, and ate snacks all weekend.

 

This is a super busy month for both of us, so we'll probably do less cooking than usual for the rest of 2017.

Last week however, we did a bunch of cooking, including Asian noodles with bok choy:


Chicken Alfredo pizza:


And sausage soup loaded with kale:


Speaking of kale, I also had it in my breakfasts:


In order to make our meals easy this week we roasted a massive turkey this afternoon.


We made some gravy with the drippings, and then the meat and gravy went in the fridge to be used for lunches and dinner over the next few days.

How was your weekend?  Have you been snacking this month?  What is your favourite Christmas movie?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, that Asian noodle dish looks so good! But everything else looks really good, too! I had friends over last night for my annual cookie decorating party so all my cooking/baking last week was related to that. I made lasagna since it's such an easy meal for a group.

My favorite 'traditional' Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street. But other favorites are The Holiday and Love Actually. I haven't watched either yet so will have to do that before Christmas!